• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mirrors And Other "cheap" Stuff

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Amen! I make a point to visit what I call 2-Lane America whenever I travel. With today's GPS systems, you avoid the intimidation factor of not being able to find your way to your destination. (OK, I once took a road in Wyoming that looked like a state highway . . . that after a couple of miles turned out to be some guy's driveway. :oops:).
I once took gravel from outside Denver up the mountains to Monarch Pass. Had to kick a few rocks off the road in places, and I remember one switchback that was so tight that about halfway around I had to back the Goat up to the precipice to make it around, but OMG what a view. Roads gone now as it was washed our in the Big Thompson flood some years back. Another time I crossed a steel bridge with a timber road way. Quite a number of the cross members were broken out and someone had placed boards along the wheel tracks for crossing. The kids spent a large portion od that afternoon sliding down a natural waterslide of perhaps 50' carved into the bedrock by the water action over the millennia. The roads along the north and south canyons at Canyon de Chelly near Chinle, Arizona. are a favorite ride when I am in the area. For vacationing and relaxation 2 laneing is the only way to go. And go I will in my Elio.

Last edited:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most folks don't realize that many of our "backroads" have very little traffic and are in great condition. Thanks to those interstates absorbing the heavy truck traffic, our 2-Lanes are now holding up rather well. I'm anxious to get on them with my Elio to find how that "unused" center of the lane will affect the ride, especially for my back-seater. If it's the pogo stick it might be, that rear shock is going to need some tuning . . . or "Goose" may need a barf bag.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most folks don't realize that many of our "backroads" have very little traffic and are in great condition. Thanks to those interstates absorbing the heavy truck traffic, our 2-Lanes are now holding up rather well. I'm anxious to get on them with my Elio to find how that "unused" center of the lane will affect the ride, especially for my back-seater. If it's the pogo stick it might be, that rear shock is going to need some tuning . . . or "Goose" may need a barf bag.
Some thing I failed to mention in my big post and I also failed to ask about, but I did notice that the front shocks on the P4 were adjustable, I failed to ask about the back..... also noted that under the hood is an inverter. Used in the charging system???

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some thing I failed to mention in my big post and I also failed to ask about, but I did notice that the front shocks on the P4 were adjustable, I failed to ask about the back..... also noted that under the hood is an inverter. Used in the charging system???
An inverter converts DC to AC. Maybe there will be an electrical outlet? An AC operated accessory?

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Removal of side mirrors would reduce drag and better the drag coeficient but at what cost cameras? This might best be an after market add on if so desired.
This was my thought prior to going to OKC. However Jerome informed me that in all 50 states 2 MIRRORS are required on all new production M/C/s.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the dead giveaways to a "concept" car is the lack of mirrors, too-small headlights, and too-low bumpers. These things are regulated by DOT, and there's no getting around them . . presently.
Remember when all we could have were sealed beam headlights... Change may be slow at times but you can't stop it.

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Elio about a rear cam and viewed on a traditional rearview mirror (since we don't have a rear window, there was going to be no rear view mirror), and they told me that the rear cam will be an option. (repost from another thread so it reaches the people most interested)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the dead giveaways to a "concept" car is the lack of mirrors, too-small headlights, and too-low bumpers. These things are regulated by DOT, and there's no getting around them . . presently.
You'r correct, on a car.
We all need to stop assimilating this with a car.

Last edited:
Top Bottom