• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myelio.me Is Up & Running

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am liking this one for $30, it comes with a 4.3" monitor (a lot come with a 7", but that seems a little big for the Elio): http://www.amazon.com/Esky-EC170-20-4-3-Inch-TFT-LCD-Waterproof/dp/B00P8N7N0Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1462071478&sr=8-6&keywords=esky+backup+camera

I am tempted to just have one always on (instead of just for backup) as a rearview mirror replacement. The side mirrors will probably be fine for rear view (they are fine on my motorcycle), but it is an option.
That has been my plan since Day 1. Cant inagibe not having a direct view aft.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That has been my plan since Day 1. Cant inagibe not having a direct view aft.
If you learn to trust your side mirrors, you don't miss it; I drove Melissa (1965 Chevy shorty Van) for 11 years and she didn't have rear windows; I never gave it a second thought; before that I had driven delivery trucks for years without rear windows; and here again, it never bother me. It's just a matter of getting used to it.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've driven without the rear view mirror, usually because the back seat was loaded to the roof. But I prefer a rear view mirror or screen.

ps Do those cameras show a reverse image which would match up with a mirror? Otherwise you'd have to get used to reacting differently to the screen. Left side danger is on the right, etc.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've driven without the rear view mirror, usually because the back seat was loaded to the roof. But I prefer a rear view mirror or screen.

ps Do those cameras show a reverse image which would match up with a mirror? Otherwise you'd have to get used to reacting differently to the screen. Left side danger is on the right, etc.
The one I saw offered the view either way.. mirrored or reversed.

Top Bottom