• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options Pricing List

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you believe they will just automatically add shipping cost to the price? I'm planning on picking my Elio up at the factory and I will not be a happy camper if I get charged a shipping cost.
yes I do believe that (like everything else here!) all units will be charged shipping usually there are wiser minds with actual knowledge. There is/was a member who is/was in the business. Others seeing this hopefully will add information.
Sorry about your unhappiness, but I'm just the messenger, and perhaps it will play out differently.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you believe they will just automatically add shipping cost to the price? I'm planning on picking my Elio up at the factory and I will not be a happy camper if I get charged a shipping cost.

Do you believe there will be any unhappy campers at the EM factory picking up their 'actual' Elio at almost any price? Delivery is delivery. Somebody will be delivering your Elio directly to you with a smile on your face regardless of your actual location within feet or miles of the Shreveport assembly line.

The incentives are toast? Your actual Elio will be incentive enough for all-in's after the long wait. There will be dancing in the Shreveport streets and I'll still be unhappy camping in the Inland Northwest waiting for an Elio Store to open near me soon for a price check and a test drive.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The description only mentions having an audio alert and "visual distance indicator". That very well could just be a beeping noise and a flashing notification light that uses bumper mounted sensors. In our Venza the park assist uses sensors in the front and rear bumpers. It has a backup camera too, but that is independent of the "beep" since the front sensors are always on and trigger in narrow drive throughs.
You can add those to any vehicle; it's a bit of a job (ok, it's a lot of work) but for under $15 it can be well worth it.

Parking and Proximity Sensors

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can add those to any vehicle; it's a bit of a job (ok, it's a lot of work) but for under $15 it can be well worth it.

Parking and Proximity Sensors

Great find, that is exactly what I picture the Elio's Park Pilot as having. I figure if they were giving you a camera and LCD screen then they would mention it.

If that is the case for $312, $12 for the parts and $300 for labor??? That seems a bit excessive even for paying retail shop labor rates.

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Hope this is an appropriate area...
I know the base design is optimized for minimal drag and gas mileage. Are there any notes / discussion as to what some options (spoilers...retro fenders) will possibly do to the base numbers for mileage and drag?

I don't think anyone has addressed your question yet... I would bet that it's been discussed somewhere, but I don't know where and when in the forum. You can try searching on "fender" or "mpg" in a forum title.

You would think the rear spoiler would have very little effect. The chin spoiler, unknown. The retro fenders would reduce the mpg some but I've no idea how much.

In the grand scheme of things, there's not a big difference between 84 mpg and 74 mpg. ;) Or the avg city/hwy if I remember correctly, between 60 mpg or 53 mpg.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has addressed your question yet... I would bet that it's been discussed somewhere, but I don't know where and when in the forum. You can try searching on "fender" or "mpg" in a forum title.

You would think the rear spoiler would have very little affect. The chin spoiler, unknown. The retro fenders would reduce the mpg some but I've no idea how much.

In the grand scheme of things, there's not a big difference between 84 mpg and 74 mpg. ;) Or the avg city/hwy if I remember correctly, between 60 mpg or 53 mpg.
49mpg city / 84mpg hwy.
The retro fenders have got to be really stiff; otherwise they would be "fluttering" at speeds over 40.
I agree with the rear spoiler, it's a looks only add-on
Front air dam; first thing that comes to mind is I found out that most parking "bars" (the concrete things you pull up to and stop when you hit them) are too tall for a front air dam to clear; I had a chin spoiler on my S-10 and my 65 Chevy Shorty Van. I would also scrape pulling into or out of some driveways.
It also makes a great snow plow; I learned how to do fiberglass repairs shortly after putting it on.
Does it help mpg? Not that I could tell, but it did help handling at highway speeds, and it looked really cool. :thumb:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems weird to charge more for the "retro fenders" which take less material to make? I can only assume they would be getting a volume discount on those too since I would think it a popular option. I wonder if they are planning on using a different material for them. Say the regular body composite for the standard fenders and metal for the "retro" since they may need to be stiffer. That might explain the extra cost.
They won't sell nearly as many retro fenders as you think, I would bet.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also don't find a option for hands-free. You have to get the $2k Skyz box for that. I suppose I'll be happy with a $59 auto-parts-store unit.
I suspect this being a test, they will be adding more things before 2017, like the back-window option?

The only thing I might consider is one of the color-wraps. Anyone know how durable (or not) those things are?
Hands free? My phone automatically goes into hands free mode when it detects that I'm driving. Why pay for something that your device already does for free?

Top Bottom