• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

rmcelroy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I took my OTE (other than elio) to Pep Boys last Monday. They didn't know about the Elio. Now half of them are all fired up, the other half seems pretty indifferent. They all know who I am though.

no practicle value post, I know!

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Try to find a service center for your Ferrari within 50 miles of your home town. That does not prevent Ferrari owners from buying a Ferrari and it will not dissuade many of us from buying our Elio's.
But with Ferrari, you are buying a premium experience. There may not be a local service center, but I'm sure there is free pickup of your car and a free loaner. Others have mentioned that that is the case for Lexus and Bentley. But I'm not going to expect Elio to do that because that's a pretty big cost for them to absorb considering the low cost of the car.

I still say give them time to fully develop their service agreements and agents
I'm giving them time. I'm just not giving them money. This for me is the deal breaker to be resolved. If it's resolved that I'll be very pleased and go ahead with my reservation. I'm sure most everyone here has some sort of deal breaker that if something changed from their expectation, they would no longer be interested. Would you still buy if they lowered the the fuel economy to 42mpg? Or raised the price by $20k? If either of those happened, I wouldn't buy, and if this isn't resolved I won't buy.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Any expectations that Elio, or any company for that matter, will provide 100% coverage for anything everywhere is unrealistic. Try to find a service center for your Ferrari within 50 miles of your home town. That does not prevent Ferrari owners from buying a Ferrari and it will not dissuade many of us from buying our Elio's. I still say give them time to fully develop their service agreements and agents

Ferrari is more extreme of an example but just think of brands such as Subaru, Volvo, Suzuki, Jaguar, and Rand Rover which are fairly common but don't have the dealer networks of Ford, GM, Honda or Toyota. Plenty of people enjoy these vehicles and many of the owners are much further than 70 miles from the nearest dealer.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ferrari is more extreme of an example but just think of brands such as Subaru, Volvo, Suzuki, Jaguar, and Rand Rover which are fairly common but don't have the dealer networks of Ford, GM, Honda or Toyota. Plenty of people enjoy these vehicles and many of the owners are much further than 70 miles from the nearest dealer.
That may be fine for them, but it's not fine for me. I'm hoping Elio works out a solution, but if they don't, then this simply isn't the car for me. It's that simple.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
That may be fine for them, but it's not fine for me. I'm hoping Elio works out a solution, but if they don't, then this simply isn't the car for me. It's that simple.

It is your vehicle and ultimately up to you to decide what you are comfortable with. I hope when they do announce additional service partners at least one of them is convenient to you. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The highest concentration of owners driving those brands have dealerships very close by and or in their communities. Those owners even worry about if there will be needed service options when traveling long distances. The Lexus owners you mention can and do have their vehicles serviced at the Mother Dealership........Toyota.

Elio will no doubt work it out to the satisfaction of most future owners.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The highest concentration of owners driving those brands have dealerships very close by and or in their communities.

I realize this but the discussion here has really appeared to have focused on the exceptions. Elio Motors has said that 90% of their customers will be covered by Pep Boys or Elio service centers so this discussion is really moot for the vast majority of potential Elio owners. I used those brands as examples as they have smaller dealer networks leaving plenty of customers living outside these areas just like Elio Motors likely will have.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I took my OTE (other than elio) to Pep Boys last Monday. They didn't know about the Elio. Now half of them are all fired up, the other half seems pretty indifferent. They all know who I am though.

no practicle value post, I know!
Has value to me knowing you are a satisfied and valued Pep Boys customer.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I realize this but the discussion here has really appeared to have focused on the exceptions. Elio Motors has said that 90% of their customers will be covered by Pep Boys or Elio service centers so this discussion is really moot for the vast majority of potential Elio owners. I used those brands as examples as they have smaller dealer networks leaving plenty of customers living outside these areas just like Elio Motors likely will have.
I'm sure that's based on the probability that 90% of owners are within an EM showroom. The showrooms in Ohio are in Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and Cleveland. Now look at the Pep Boys locations in Ohio.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pep+boys+near+ohio&ie=UTF-8&ei=22ZmU726CcKmyQGvnoG4Cw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Top Bottom