• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prototype Questions

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who on here has driven one? (or in my case EVEN SEEN ONE LIVE)
Any idea on how many prototypes are out there?
Where were (ARE) the prototypes being built?
Now who thinks the Oil or Big Motor Companies will try to slow or stop production?
Remember those HIGH mpg carburetors that were all over the news decades back to just vanish.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
  1. Sat in, but did not drive the P3.
  2. They have built 4 so far. Silver one was P3, current orange one is the fourth, P4.
  3. Doesn't really matter to me.
  4. No. They are not fools. Look up Jevon's Paradox (linked). Efficient cars just mean we will use more oil! We have the highest fleet efficiencies since the dawn of the automobile and use more oil than ever. That will continue.
  5. Debunked (linked) more thoroughly more ways than the faked moon landing loonies.

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who on here has driven one? (or in my case EVEN SEEN ONE LIVE)
Any idea on how many prototypes are out there?
Where were (ARE) the prototypes being built?
Now who thinks the Oil or Big Motor Companies will try to slow or stop production?
Remember those HIGH mpg carburetors that were all over the news decades back to just vanish.
1a. 3 and a mule. The P2 is Sour Apple Green and is no longer available for use. I heard it is being saved for an EM museum. P3 is silver and will be in Dallas Fort Worth at the Texas State Fair this year. P4 is touring around the country and is Creamsicle.
1b. I have sat in the P4. Only staff, media and people from the supplier group have driven it.
2. Michigan
3. I do not.
4. Only heard about this on here and it has been debunked.

Any other questions? :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah! I did it. This was posted originally by Goofyone but I couldn't pull up the link. :-) Z

P1
First_Elio_Prototype1.jpg

P2 (P1 chassis with body panels and basic interior)
elio-motors-84-mpg-3-wheeler-image-elio-motors_100414288_l.jpg

P3
DSC_0014a.jpg

P4
IMG_0861.jpg

Top Bottom