• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prototype Questions

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh come on, if Goofyone hadn't posted them in the first place, I wouldn't have had them to copy and paste. It just so happens they were in the Portland Event thread and I remembered that. LOL But thanks for the warm fuzzies. It is nice to know I am appreciated still. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Yeah, but YOU knew where they were, and FOUND them!!!

I bow to the Queen!!! :D

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Who on here has driven one? (or in my case EVEN SEEN ONE LIVE)
Any idea on how many prototypes are out there?
Where were (ARE) the prototypes being built?
Now who thinks the Oil or Big Motor Companies will try to slow or stop production?
Remember those HIGH mpg carburetors that were all over the news decades back to just vanish.
1) Test drives are supposed to start early next year, I've sat in the P4 (surprisingly roomy in the front!)
2) There is the mule and 3 prototypes (named P2, P3, P4) of which the P3 and P4 are on tour. 15-25 E models are planned for this fall.
3) Michigan, forgot which town.
4) Oil companies are would rather have Elios on the road than Teslas. Big motors companies want to see if the concept works, if it does they'll introduce their own models. Either way, I don't expect any interference.
5) I've researched that, they do work but leave a tar like sludge behind in the gas tank which is why they didn't catch on. The redneck solution video is actually a good solution, once too much tar accumulates, buy another $5 gas can.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
5) I've researched that, they do work but leave a tar like sludge behind in the gas tank which is why they didn't catch on. The redneck solution video is actually a good solution, once too much tar accumulates, buy another $5 gas can.
I'm not sure that's the same thing. I think the OP was talking about the fantasy "100 MPG carburetor" which was a hoax/urban legend that did not work much less exist. Whatever your talking about probably doesn't work either. No carburetor I'm aware of would create "tar-like sludge" in your gas tank. Not sure how it would get there since the only way fuel leaves the carb is through the jets into the engine. Sounds like another hoax.

Top Bottom