• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prototype Questions

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Basically, the volatiles/fumes are taken out of the gas tank and used and leave the heavier components of the fuel behind, accumulating over time.
By what method? There is no method that will do that. Links? References? There are no "heavier components". They were removed at the refinery and became diesel, kerosene, and bunker fuel among other things. (All of which burn, btw.) So what I'm saying is, baloney. :)

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am just learning about this 3 wheeled car. I see from literature and pictures that there are two very distinct body styles. I much prefer the solid color model with the headlamps mounted on the sides and the gas filler cap on the same side as the door. The other style, with the covered wheels leaves a bit to be desired. I really like the exposed wheels at the front and the painted (as opposed to black matte) body panels. Can anyone tell me which model is closer to being the real production model? Thanks

Moderator Comment: Merged into general prototype questions thread

Last edited by a moderator:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The orange one, covered wheels, integrated head lamps, is the latest prototype and the production model will most assuredly be close to this style. The exposed wheels with the fenders will supposedly be an option on the production car, but standard will be the enclosed wheels. All the changes increase MPG. Welcome to the forum!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Hi all,
I am just learning about this 3 wheeled car. I see from literature and pictures that there are two very distinct body styles. I much prefer the solid color model with the headlamps mounted on the sides and the gas filler cap on the same side as the door. The other style, with the covered wheels leaves a bit to be desired. I really like the exposed wheels at the front and the painted (as opposed to black matte) body panels. Can anyone tell me which model is closer to being the real production model? Thanks

Hi Nickskeys, welcome to the forum. CompTrex nailed it. Also, there will be a few tweaks to the P4 (the orange vehicle), based on my memory, on the front end and a raising of the roof on the back end, to give the passenger a few more inches of head room.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Welcome :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,

Welcome and I see our friendly helpful members have responded to your concerns. Looking forward to your future comments and opinions.

Top Bottom