• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will be very interesting to see the numbers after the Comic-Con event July 24-27.
I think Comic-Con was a dumb venue to show the Elio. Limits the number of viewers to attendees of the event, and excludes everyone else that just wanted to view the car. We'll see if I was wrong. You have to purchase a ticket to get in. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Comic-Con was a dumb venue to show the Elio. Limits the number of viewers to attendees of the event, and excludes everyone else that just wanted to view the car. We'll see if I was wrong. You have to purchase a ticket to get in. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
They estimate approximately 140,000 attendees.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, but their reason for being there is for the event, not to view the car, whereas, someone who was on the fence, and wanted to go see the elio while it was in town, can't without buying a ticket to an event they may have no interest in attending.
I think the Comic Con is a great venue, given the age of the people attending. There are a lot of exhibits of all types and I'm sure Elio will get more than its share.
An interest, even an unintended one is still an interest.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Really? yeah I wouldn't like having to buy a ticket to the event (no interest) just to see the Elio :(

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really? yeah I wouldn't like having to buy a ticket to the event (no interest) just to see the Elio :(
I think I heard somewhere that someone wanted to see the Elio, but the event was sold out. Not sure if that's correct, but it does bring up a point. They did something similar here in Florida at the Barrett-Jackson auto auction, and I heard several complaints of people who couldn't get in without purchasing a ticket.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I heard somewhere that someone wanted to see the Elio, but the event was sold out. Not sure if that's correct, but it does bring up a point.
Since the P4 will be outside the convention center do you still have to pay to get in? The P3 is going to be inside. :-) Z

Top Bottom