• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Comic-Con was a dumb venue to show the Elio. Limits the number of viewers to attendees of the event, and excludes everyone else that just wanted to view the car. We'll see if I was wrong. You have to purchase a ticket to get in. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
I will give you partial credit with this statement (Can you tell I am a teacher???). What Comic-Con gives is LOTS of photo-ops with interesting people, in addition to all the Wonderfully strange people that attend. However, it is my understanding that the Elio will also make the rounds around San Diego outside of the Comic-con crowd, so this is where I plan to view, touch, and sit in it.

Does this mean that I will also get to sit in the same seat as Iron-Man? Oh the exictement, lol (not). Anyway, because of the masive crowds at and around the convention center/downtown area us LOCAL San Diego folks avoid downtown during Comic-Con each year. I just hope Elio gives us enough advanced notice to know where and when to meet this Beauty.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since the P4 will be outside the convention center do you still have to pay to get in? The P3 is going to be inside. :) Z
I don't know, but I would assume the entry fee to enter the event is fairly pricey. Not something you would want to pay, if you were just there for the purpose of viewing the car, and had no interest in sticking around for the other festivities.

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know, but I would assume the entry fee to enter the event is fairly pricey. Not something you would want to pay, if you were just there for the purpose of viewing the car, and had no interest in sticking around for the other festivities.
As posted above, this event is "SOLD OUT" months before the event each year. No way to get in. However the Elio will be available to San Diego folks away from the convention center.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will give you partial credit with this statement (Can you tell I am a teacher???). What Comic-Con gives is LOTS of photo-ops with interesting people, in addition to all the Wonderfully strange people that attend. However, it is my understanding that the Elio will also make the rounds around San Diego outside of the Comic-con crowd, so this is where I plan to view, touch, and sit in it.

Does this mean that I will also get to sit in the same seat as Iron-Man? Oh the exictement, lol (not). Anyway, because of the masive crowds at and around the convention center/downtown area us LOCAL San Diego folks avoid downtown during Comic-Con each year. I just hope Elio gives us enough advanced notice to know where and when to meet this Beauty.
Thanks Teach, but partial credit? Can we get extra credit if I'm correct?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I can understand being disappointed when Elio Motors chooses an event near you which requires an extra fee to attend however the fact is that Elio Motors has already attended several events which require separate admission and they are scheduled to attend several more so they obviously feel these events are worth it for them even if the general public may not have easy or free access.
For example the Barrett-Jackson events draw tens of thousands of car oriented attendees who could be exposed to the vehicle, wealthy bidders who could be potential investors, and a lot of auto industry media. Comic-Com might on the surface appear to be an odd choice however with nearly 150,000 people on site and huge amounts of media coverage it could very easily provide them with many opportunities for wide scale exposure.

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to think, if I was working in the marketing department for Elio, what would have a higher priority: exposing Elio to a large group of young, typically open minded individuals (con attendees), or to those who are already aware of the Elio at some level, many who have already committed to Elio with reservation dollars? o_O

That being said, I know they want fans to be able to experience Elio firsthand as well.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can understand being disappointed when Elio Motors chooses an event near you which requires an extra fee to attend however the fact is that Elio Motors has already attended several events which require separate admission and they are scheduled to attend several more so they obviously feel these events are worth it for them even if the general public may not have easy or free access.
For example the Barrett-Jackson events draw tens of thousands of car oriented attendees who could be exposed to the vehicle, wealthy bidders who could be potential investors, and a lot of auto industry media. Comic-Com might on the surface appear to be an odd choice however with nearly 150,000 people on site and huge amounts of media coverage it could very easily provide them with many opportunities for wide scale exposure.
Goofyone.
I agree the expose provides Elio many opportunities, I was simply saying, it's not for us, the "all in" folks that put up our money and would like an equal opportunity to sit in it and ask questions. I fully understand the need for exposure, and to get the product out there for all to see. I was simply stating it's not one of those venues for Elioites who just want to see the prototype. I enjoy comic book characters in the funny papers, not in my Elios. Just sayin.

Top Bottom