• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're kidding, right? 74/day is a-okay with you? Hmmmm. . . .
It is with me. I don't know the method behind the madness but I choose to trust Elio that they know what they are doing. If we had no reservations I would definitely be concerned. Fluctuation of reservations is to be expected so therefore I consider it normal. :-) Z

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, zelio. . . . . . And the "rest" of the gang on this forum. . . . 74/day STINKS! And I have to question the rocket scientist that made the decision to drop the reservation incentive from 50% to 25%.

Oh, I know that there are whole host of folks out there that will have the own stupid thoughts and opinions, as ARE MINE. . . . . But come on guys, the Comic gig, and the Nevada Automotive gig was supposed to be even BIGGER. . . . And now everyone is saying: WOW! This gig starting today in Michigan is going to be the "Mother of ALL gigs for the Elio."

Can you believe all of this? If Michigan is as big and important as they are saying, WHY ARE THEY TAKING THE CRAPPY P3?

Oh well, still, my stupid opinion is that they cut the incentive to 25% (huge mistake) with the strange desire to slow this whole thing down and will use the slow down to PUSH the production date back into some point in 2016.

Okay, throw rotten eggs at me. I'm a big boy and believe me, I've had a lot worse thrown at me, so bring it on. :confused:

Well, anything is possible. At the time I made my reservation, I expected another delay in production to first quarter 2016. There was no concrete reason for that other than being aware of previous delays,and more importantly creating a buffer zone so that I would not be terribly disappointed should a delay occur. Hopefully I am wrong, but this way I won't be too upset should another setback happen. Time will tell.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, anything is possible. At the time I made my reservation, I expected another delay in production to first quarter 2016. There was no concrete reason for that other than being aware of previous delays,and more importantly creating a buffer zone so that I would not be terribly disappointed should a delay occur. Hopefully I am wrong, but this way I won't be too upset should another setback happen. Time will tell.

If I had a pile of money laying around, I would have purchased several 1K reservations to put the production numbers up for auction on ebay for all the nay-sayers to bid on after September 2015 when they realize they won't be able to get an Elio for at least a year after production starts. While I haven't seen progress updates at pace I would like to see, I haven't heard any lies from Elio either. All along, they have said Sept. 2015, since some very explainable delays out of Cado Parrish. However they choose to use that time, is fine with me. I understood that when I put up my 1K, and to date, I haven't had any reason to believe I will be disappointed. I don't believe there is any reason to try to out guess people who have more knowledge than me on how to produce a vehicle. Keep the faith

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pre-production reservations possibly reaching saturation?

ELIO RESERVATIONS 8-10.jpg

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pre-production reservations possibly reaching saturation?

I think the single (dual if you count dragging the P3 back out lately) prototype in a mall dog and pony show has run its course.

In my opinion, EM needs to get the P5/E series out before we see significant gains again.

Before I get lynched for being negative, note that the stated time line for the P5/E builds coincides with the coming all in bonus reduction. Coincidence? I personally think not.

Sure hope to see a P5 on a driving (not trailered) tour before long.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're kidding, right? 74/day is a-okay with you? Hmmmm. . . .
I don't think any of us like that. But what does it mean? I'm pretty sure that Comic-Con didn't seat as many people in the car as usual. There was a bit of effort to entice stars etc. The benefit from that would come down the road. Then there is the two matters of the delayed production date. Yes it seems like old news to us, but it takes time to trickle into public perception. Then the current silent period waiting on hard evidence of progress is in effect too.

Slow downs are OK so long as they have good reasons. The real question is, when we get closer to 2015, and when we hear of milestones accomplished, will reservations kick back up, and also investments get acquired?

I think for now, EM should concentrate on getting the public to sit in the seat and close on those hardware goals. Both are needed. If they do that, things will recover and advance easily. Apparently sitting in it, sells-it like nothing else. I had 3 reservations before I ever sat in it. But I'm the exception.

And too, the idea of 'over a year' is uninteresting to the new-be, 'under a year' is much more interesting, 'under 6months' is exciting to the extreme. 'Next month' would be 'ga-ga'!

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom