• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I agree that it'll probably take something big to really shake up the numbers but let me try this real quick.

Feb-Mar - 83.33 per day
Apr-May - 88.4 (6.1% increase)
Jun-Jul - 118.8 per day (34.4% increase)

That's quite the uptick in reservations though the weekly numbers don't always bear that out. I'm betting that 160 per day is quite easy for August. Slow, steady growth is the game, apparently. (50,448 or more total by year's end is possible at that rate of growth) Slow and steady... keep the interest up.

Hey now there's a nice slice of the data. So maybe Aug-Sept will 119+.

Reaction score
Been busy this week with granddaughters and summer camp. This is the only thread read. Glad I didn't miss anything. But, about trying to taper off checking this forum, IT'S A VERY HARD THING TO DO !!!!

Got my bank statement in a few days ago and discovered on 7/7 when I upped my second reservation from $100.00 to $1,000.00 A $1,000.00 was taken from my account. I wrote to tellmemore and within a half hour Chip called me. Surprised the shit out of me because I didn't including my phone number in my message. Well, the 'mistake' was mostly my fault, and .. well hell ... I decided to leave it there. So now, I have three reservations #1685 & #5648 and another $100.00 all in. I just put a deposit on my super dream of participating in the TEA Party Parades with hubby in his blue Elio, me in my red Elio (yeah, I changed colors) and daughter or oldest granddaughter in a white one. NO FANCY PAINT JOB DREAMS ANYMORE. But, this dream is REALLY really exciting. Well, off to bed for this old lady. I got eleven 6 year old's to tend too at day camp in the morning. YEAH ELEVEN OF THEM !!!!!!!!

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thought this was interesting (Elio Facebook page post by someone):

Here's my review, sitting in the P4 Elio and the revealing chats with honest company staffers. As others have said, the vehicle is cooler in person than pictures. Very appealing shape. Temporary Mustang seat & camero steering wheel in the prototype. I'm 6'2'' height, no problem, no apparent blind spots. Lots of room in back, cute small trunk. The plastic display model engine on a stand is about the size of 4 loaves of bread. If it gets the car moving, that's what counts. This car could sell like crazy. I won't identify company employees because I got them to open up maybe too much. Very very kind and refreshing people. This can't be overstated. Long discussions. They are very proud of their government regulatory accomplishments. I mentioned their over optimism for a product with no funding. Their attitude was amazingly understanding and non defensive. They said every weekend followers grab them by the neck to express displeasure with the marketing disconnect. "Buy this car but we can't make it" I was assured they're hit on this with great frequency. I asked why does PR guy say "we're on TRACK" for a 2013-14-15 date when no one knows. Staffer said that's not the PR guys choice of wording, but that Paul E. insists on the "on track" phrase. Staffers say " Paul has been presented with production $$$ multiple times. Problem is these "partners" want too much control. One wanted to scuttle the Elio engine and use another. So $$$ string attachments have been too heavy for Paul to accept." Downside is they cannot move forward. They can't do anything with leased Shreveport plant. Staffers say mall tour effort is exhausting and on a shoestring budget. So lots of frustration on staff shoulders as they honestly convey this. It's a catch 22 for them. They want to see this happen with all their hearts. They don't hide their frustration that it's in a financial standstill right know. Maybe hit 40 thousand reservations and waive that around to investors. Wait and see if anything happens down the road. I left the event on a high. Seeing the car and refreshing business conversations with the kindest people you'd meet. Will my reservation be built. I have no idea. Thanks for reading my babble. Can't really see, but that's my wife in the car.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Dustman. You've given us more inside scoop than any before. I'm worried Paul may be missing the forest for the trees in pursuit of his 'one optimal' outcome.

Give us the option of buying the "early adopter" Elio that's powered by the Mercedes Benz SmartForTwo 800cc Tdi engine for $9,999 with midline options in order to fund Paul's "perfect optimal" instead of holding the good enough hostage to the perfect.

Let's all remember, Apple computers was started in Steve's dad's garage manufacturing a toy version! of a hobbyist computer kit. They didn't start out with the business model they now have. You have to start small. Start somewhere. Just start!

Paul, I respectfully suggest you contact Smyth Performance Factory Five. These guys have vision and can help your dream get out of the rut your program is stuck in.

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Dustman. You've given us more inside scoop than any before. I'm worried Paul may be missing the forest for the trees in pursuit of his 'one optimal' outcome.

Give us the option of buying the "early adopter" Elio that's powered by the Mercedes Benz SmartForTwo 800cc Tdi engine for $9,999 with midline options in order to fund Paul's "perfect optimal" instead of holding the good enough hostage to the perfect.

Let's all remember, Apple computers was started in Steve's dad's garage manufacturing a toy version! of a hobbyist computer kit. They didn't start out with the business model they now have. You have to start small. Start somewhere. Just start!

Paul, I respectfully suggest you contact Smyth Performance Factory Five. These guys have vision and can help your dream get out of the rut your program is stuck in.
I'm not sure I would make too much out of it. No way to confirm the authenticity of "statements" made by Elio Representatives. However, I am open minded to all possibilities and will not debunk it because I don't like the message. We have been hearing the discontent about the lack of recent progress reports from EM. Who knows?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thought this was interesting (Elio Facebook page post by someone):

Here's my review, sitting in the P4 Elio and the revealing chats with honest company staffers. As others have said, the vehicle is cooler in person than pictures. Very appealing shape. Temporary Mustang seat & camero steering wheel in the prototype. I'm 6'2'' height, no problem, no apparent blind spots. Lots of room in back, cute small trunk. The plastic display model engine on a stand is about the size of 4 loaves of bread. If it gets the car moving, that's what counts. This car could sell like crazy. I won't identify company employees because I got them to open up maybe too much. Very very kind and refreshing people. This can't be overstated. Long discussions. They are very proud of their government regulatory accomplishments. I mentioned their over optimism for a product with no funding. Their attitude was amazingly understanding and non defensive. They said every weekend followers grab them by the neck to express displeasure with the marketing disconnect. "Buy this car but we can't make it" I was assured they're hit on this with great frequency. I asked why does PR guy say "we're on TRACK" for a 2013-14-15 date when no one knows. Staffer said that's not the PR guys choice of wording, but that Paul E. insists on the "on track" phrase. Staffers say " Paul has been presented with production $$$ multiple times. Problem is these "partners" want too much control. One wanted to scuttle the Elio engine and use another. So $$$ string attachments have been too heavy for Paul to accept." Downside is they cannot move forward. They can't do anything with leased Shreveport plant. Staffers say mall tour effort is exhausting and on a shoestring budget. So lots of frustration on staff shoulders as they honestly convey this. It's a catch 22 for them. They want to see this happen with all their hearts. They don't hide their frustration that it's in a financial standstill right know. Maybe hit 40 thousand reservations and waive that around to investors. Wait and see if anything happens down the road. I left the event on a high. Seeing the car and refreshing business conversations with the kindest people you'd meet. Will my reservation be built. I have no idea. Thanks for reading my babble. Can't really see, but that's my wife in the car.
Thank you for sharing but the fact that "someone" posted something on Facebook is not the best recommendation. There is a reason I do not belong to Facebook and things like this is one of them. I have no reason to trust posts that come from Facebook so I take this with a grain of salt. :-) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
8/4/2014 Reservations as of 8/3/2014 are 26,378 for a total of 410 for 4 days. That equals 102.5/day. Have fun with the numbers. :) Z

Creeping up. . . . Could it be the anticipated, "comic weekend" creep starting to slip up on us? Hmmm. . . . .

Maybe they reported in short order these past 4 days because they are seeing our restlessness?

Whatever the reason, it looks good!

Top Bottom