• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, well, in one of EM's responses on facebook 19 hours ago, The rep said that there are 25 people working in the company.
I have to presume that's excluding "silent" investors.
I realize there's a lot of work being farmed out and there's a lot of off-the-shelf parts involved.
However, I found that number to be incredible and encouraging.
To me it means two things.
They are not burning through money in excessive payroll at this time.
Those 25 people are probably working harder than they ever have in their lives.
It is amazing that a mere 25 individuals seem to be everywhere at once and do this much.
25 people (and us of course) against the world.
Hats off and salute! Amazing.

Last edited:

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Latest graph, no reservation bump (yet?) from Comi-con or tapering of 50% bonus

ELIO RESERVATIONS 7-30.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that Comic Con reservations won't show up till the next released numbers. The same goes for the 50% reduction. Though, that information will only reach people who already know about the Elio and for those who are just going to dip their feet into the Elio well at $100, $25 probably won't be much of a deal maker/breaker.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that Comic Con reservations won't show up till the next released numbers. The same goes for the 50% reduction. Though, that information will only reach people who already know about the Elio and for those who are just going to dip their feet into the Elio well at $100, $25 probably won't be much of a deal maker/breaker.
Agreed. Not sure how much of a bump we will get from the 50% reduction, just a higher percentage of $1000. People upping their $$$ of existing reservations. I do think Comic-Con will provide a good bump. Just speculation of coarse.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Agreed. Not sure how much of a bump we will get from the 50% reduction, just a higher percentage of $1000. People upping their $$$ of existing reservations. I do think Comic-Con will provide a good bump. Just speculation of coarse.

Yes, just occurred to me, in terms of # of reservations, if an existing reservation person increases their amount, or even "transfers" from refundable to non, the # of reservations does not go up.

That said, I was hoping for more than 89 per day from July 21-30. That's ok, it's a good number, just unexpected.

Feel free to verify these calculations, thought I'd take a look at the last six months:
  • Jan 23 - July 30 = 199 days
  • 25968 - 8163 = 17805 reservations
  • 17805 / 199 = nearly 89.5 reservations per day for the past six months
Just for fun, looking at the next 5 months (by Dec. 31), at the rate of let's say 89.5 reservations per day:
  • July 31 - Dec 31 = 154 days
  • 154 * 89.5 = 13783 reservations
  • 25968 + 13783 = 39,751 reservations predicted by end of 2014
No significance to the Dec. 31 date, just pulling it out of the air. We stat freaks do that sort of thing.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, just occurred to me, in terms of # of reservations, if an existing reservation person increases their amount, or even "transfers" from refundable to non, the # of reservations does not go up.

That said, I was hoping for more than 89 per day from July 21-30. That's ok, it's a good number, just unexpected.

Feel free to verify these calculations, thought I'd take a look at the last six months:
  • Jan 23 - July 30 = 199 days
  • 25968 - 8163 = 17805 reservations
  • 17805 / 199 = nearly 89.5 reservations per day for the past six months
Just for fun, looking at the next 5 months (by Dec. 31), at the rate of let's say 89.5 reservations per day:
  • July 31 - Dec 31 = 154 days
  • 154 * 89.5 = 13783 reservations
  • 25968 + 13783 = 39,751 reservations predicted by end of 2014
No significance to the Dec. 31 date, just pulling it out of the air. We stat freaks do that sort of thing.
Your numbers track what I've been seeing. There could be an uptick before the end of the year. I'm thinking that a running motor in a new prototype will up the new reservations. The same goes with any other "big ticket" information release - think Pictures of the factory being set up, an actual Elio Sign at the factory, succesful engine run, new prototype, good national exposure on regular TV channel, etc.

I agree that the biggest effect of the reduction in the incentive will be to move people up in reservation categories. There may be a few people out there who were really close to reserving who might be influenced but I don't see that being very many.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your numbers track what I've been seeing. There could be an uptick before the end of the year. I'm thinking that a running motor in a new prototype will up the new reservations. The same goes with any other "big ticket" information release - think Pictures of the factory being set up, an actual Elio Sign at the factory, succesful engine run, new prototype, good national exposure on regular TV channel, etc.

I agree that the biggest effect of the reduction in the incentive will be to move people up in reservation categories. There may be a few people out there who were really close to reserving who might be influenced but I don't see that being very many.

Am I beginning to see some of the same concerns about the numbers that I've been expressing, now showing up in general??

I think this thing will STILL be a success and a GO. . . ., but do remain concerned about the daily numbers putting along at 89 per day for the past 6 months. So the saying goes: "Status quo is just marking time, and that is losing ground."

Status quo should NEVER be acceptable if you want to advance. :(

Goofy, since we still haven't seen the effects of the "comic" weekend, one way or the other. . . . Guess we can expect something on things from this past weekends HUGE automotive event to show up about Labor Day?? Hmmm. . . . . . .

Really like the idea of getting some new, BIG news from Elio Motors that you guys are kicking around. ., like pictures of the assembly line being set up. Or a REAL Elio motor running in a new P5 model. Some kind, ANY kind of window shaken info coming down from the BIG GUY at Elio would be very welcome here and would have the effect of a shot of steroids on this forum.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Am I beginning to see some of the same concerns about the numbers that I've been expressing, now showing up in general??

I think this thing will STILL be a success and a GO. . . ., but do remain concerned about the daily numbers putting along at 89 per day for the past 6 months. So the saying goes: "Status quo is just marking time, and that is losing ground."

Status quo should NEVER be acceptable if you want to advance. :(

Goofy, since we still haven't seen the effects of the "comic" weekend, one way or the other. . . . Guess we can expect something on things from this past weekends HUGE automotive event to show up about Labor Day?? Hmmm. . . . . . .

Really like the idea of getting some new, BIG news from Elio Motors that you guys are kicking around. ., like pictures of the assembly line being set up. Or a REAL Elio motor running in a new P5 model. Some kind, ANY kind of window shaken info coming down from the BIG GUY at Elio would be very welcome here and would have the effect of a shot of steroids on this forum.
I agree that it'll probably take something big to really shake up the numbers but let me try this real quick.

Feb-Mar - 83.33 per day
Apr-May - 88.4 (6.1% increase)
Jun-Jul - 118.8 per day (34.4% increase)

That's quite the uptick in reservations though the weekly numbers don't always bear that out. I'm betting that 160 per day is quite easy for August. Slow, steady growth is the game, apparently. (50,448 or more total by year's end is possible at that rate of growth) Slow and steady... keep the interest up.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree that it'll probably take something big to really shake up the numbers but let me try this real quick.

Feb-Mar - 83.33 per day

That's quite the uptick in reservations though the weekly numbers don't always bear that out. I'm betting that 160 per day is quite easy for August. Slow, steady growth is the game, apparently. (50,448 or more total by year's end is possible at that rate of growth) Slow and steady... keep the interest up.

Feb-Mar - 83.33 per day

Yup. That's what the tortoise said to the hare, isn't it?

"Slow and steady. . . . . . . . Eddie."

Well, you know, "Eddie" is just a name that I gave to the hare, but Ya get the picture, don't Ya? :D

Top Bottom