• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Mostly more of the same basics we already knew however they are positive stories which will make more people aware of the Elio which helps.

One line I did notice in the ABC News / AP article was this:
The company has also applied for a $185 million advanced vehicle development loan from the U.S. Department of Energy.
A few months ago we heard that Elio Motors was having their application reviewed by an outside firm before submitting it to the government but this appears to indicate that they have now actually applied for the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing (ATVM) loan. We will have to see how this plays out.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thanks for posting these articles. I found the second article interesting (on page two). where it said...
"...The company has also applied for a $185 million advanced vehicle development loan from the U.S. Department of Energy..." This could be just what they need to get to production. Time will tell :)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mostly more of the same basics we already knew however they are positive stories which will make more people aware of the Elio which helps.

One line I did notice in the ABC News / AP article was this:

A few months ago we heard that Elio Motors was having their application reviewed by an outside firm before submitting it to the government but this appears to indicate that they have now actually applied for the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing (ATVM) loan. We will have to see how this plays out.
I notice it's a loan app, not a grant app. I have no idea which is harder to get! But if they can gets this funding, they WILL go to production and the car will start making waves in the real world. Pray for bureaucratic success!

If anybody is curious, here's the gov't website describing qualifications and purpose of these loans. http://energy.gov/lpo/services/atvm-loan-program

Surely it can't hurt if people like us actually write letters in support of Elio's application, basically saying "we want our Elios!"

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More about ATVM gov't loan applications -- here's the set of requirements for applying for a gov't Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing loan:

http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/...r-Applicants-Final-Version-October-5-2012.pdf

this is pretty demanding -- but the requirement for financial viability looks like the toughest requirement for Elio to meet. Keep those reservations coming in! The more Elio has, the more it can get!

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I notice it's a loan app, not a grant app. I have no idea which is harder to get! But if they can gets this funding, they WILL go to production and the car will start making waves in the real world. Pray for bureaucratic success!

If anybody is curious, here's the gov't website describing qualifications and purpose of these loans. http://energy.gov/lpo/services/atvm-loan-program

Surely it can't hurt if people like us actually write letters in support of Elio's application, basically saying "we want our Elios!"

Back in May, if you read the minutes from the Caddo Parish Meeting, Paul announced, to the Economic Development Commitee, that they were requesting $200 million in ATVM credits. Here is the link to the minutes from the meeting.

http://www.caddo.org/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/05202014-241

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Paul Elio said so far, reservation holders are older, more affluent buyers who will use the Elio as a second or third car for commuting."

This caught my eye. It makes sense to me, since a lot of the younger and/or lower income crowd may have interest but not be able to "gamble" on something that might not happen, or even tie up their money for a year or more before getting anything in return.

I know there are exceptions, I'm just speaking generally here.

Once you can actually buy an Elio, I think you'll see a lot more interest from the younger crowd.

Top Bottom