• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Big Star Trek fan here too Z! Loved the original TV series in the 60's, liked the first 3 movies, loved the 4th movie, was ok with the next 2-3 movies.

Loved The Next Generation TV series, did not get into Deep Space 9, there was another TV series in there that was ok, don't remember the name, with the woman captain (Janeway?).

Loved the movies with the Next Generation except for two, and loved the first two movies with the new folks (Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, etc.). I'm not sure I would travel hundreds of miles to go to a convention, but ya never know...
I was raised on TNG, although DS9 is my favorite. Voyager I can't stand. After that, I like Enterprise then TOS. I enjoyed the spectacle of the new Star Trek movies, but they don't feel like Star Trek and too many things are screwed up. They feel like generic action movies in Star Trek garb.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was raised on TNG, although DS9 is my favorite. Voyager I can't stand. After that, I like Enterprise then TOS. I enjoyed the spectacle of the new Star Trek movies, but they don't feel like Star Trek and too many things are screwed up. They feel like generic action movies in Star Trek garb.
I never got into the original Star Trek but got so hooked on TNG and beyond I stopped watching TV when I moved to a place that didn't carry any Star Trek. What was I thinking!?!?!? LOL :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have internet, Netflix carries all of Star Trek :)
I not only don't watch TV any more but I also don't have Netflix. LOL I have more important things to spend my money on - such as my Elio. LOL I am determined to save money each month until I have to start making payments. So far so good - I have 2 months worth saved. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Eddie, your right, it's Widely known, around the South, that the only place to put a tomato Is in a Sandwitch. Why would anyone want to waste a tomato by putting it in a fruit salad.
I have to admit that is one thing I miss about not tolerating bread of any kind. I miss having tomato on a sandwich. However, I still eat them in spaghetti sauce, home made vegetarian vegetable soup, home made tomato soup, etc. Oh, and I like them in cottage cheese with green peppers and onions and in vegetable salads. But not enough to grow them myself. Too much trouble and I can get excellent ones at Costco. :-) Z

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I not only don't watch TV any more but I also don't have Netflix. LOL I have more important things to spend my money on - such as my Elio. LOL I am determined to save money each month until I have to start making payments. So far so good - I have 2 months worth saved. :) Z
http://www.startrek.com/videos
All episodes can be streamed directly on StarTrek.com for free :)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is ...sort of right, but so besides the point and kind of a non-sequiter.

I most definitely agree with you that this data *should* by its very nature be noisy.

The sales numbers speak for themselves, don't they?

Well, I'm not so sure the numbers do speak for themselves. If they did, we wouldn't have people panicking at normal common cause variations.

You're right that selling cars isn't a directly controllable process. However, like any process its stability can be tracked using common statistical methods. Why bother? Because folks here are getting in more of a sweat about short-term swings in reservation numbers than they need to.

I picked on the 6-point example not because it is the only indicator of a trend, but because it's one that people who don't do statistical process control can grasp. You are correct, that there are many charting methods -- most of which I'm rusty on, not having used them in 15 years or so. But if people can get it that apparent swings in sales per unit of time may not be telling any story at all, that's important and helpful to folks who are desperate for Elio to succeed and doubtful that it will.

It's like trying to track the stock market daily, and make buying decisions on that basis. Good way to lose your shirt. So with Elio reservation numbers -- the total number is, of course increasing, but the RATE of increase can vary ... without necessarily meaning the company is floundering or triumphing.

I do think your comments about my knowledge of SPC (or lack thereof) were inappropriately harsh. At least I went through a Deming 3-day ... did you?

Top Bottom