• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another - more optimistic - possibility is that it would be a very strategic move on Elio's part is to wait and release the numbers the day prior to or the day of a big news update.
If you anticipate a noticeable spike in interest and you want to emphasize the impact it has on reservations (to critics perhaps?). You can show the most improvement in daily average by grouping as many of the low-reservation days together as possible. Reporting too many days prior to a big announcement would dilute its impact.

By doing this, you can follow up a week later with the news that reservations since the announcement have "surged by <number> in just a week!".

ozarkbugg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I sent in $100 deposit 9/30/14, and I'm number 35041. It appears about 500 people jump in line per week. They are probably busy, hence no number update yet this week. Now the 2 year wait begins, sigh! Hopefully I'll have my buggy before the 2016 pres election. That will help keep my mind off of politics!

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know every new vehicle I'm owned I receive information from the company for some time. If just an update or a friendly hello, we miss you.
You would think that a new business starting up and has your money for a reservation and to help with start up of the business would let those with skin in the game be kept up via email or etc. of progress. But all we here is by what is on the news. That being 6800/84 and by the end of '15.
Then we hear from other sources that price may not be firm, gas MPG isn't firm and no engine as of yet.
Elio, how about keeping those of us that are on your side informed at least once a month. A email is easy and will keep the Confidence flowing smoothly.
A bone to those that have put money up every once in a while wouldn't hurt.
I think Paul himself should be in contact with those with money invested as much as he is on TV.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sent in $100 deposit 9/30/14, and I'm number 35041. It appears about 500 people jump in line per week. They are probably busy, hence no number update yet this week. Now the 2 year wait begins, sigh! Hopefully I'll have my buggy before the 2016 pres election. That will help keep my mind off of politics!
Thanks for the info! That helps. Looks like I may have undershot for Thursday, hopefully.
Elio, how about keeping those of us that are on your side informed at least once a month. A email is easy and will keep the Confidence flowing smoothly.
We could really use something, true.
But this is consistent with EM behavior. They don't do more hand-holding for us then a certain amount. Basically we get what the public gets. I've always tagged that as being both frugal and disciplined.
The good thing about a forum like this, if anyone gets any tidbit we all share it here. Like 'ozarkbugg's reservation 'submission' number. That a good catch.
How closely does that number match to the final reported reservations count? I'm assuming it's the same, but is it?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! That helps. Looks like I may have undershot for Thursday, hopefully.

But this is consistent with EM behavior. They don't do more hand-holding for us then a certain amount. Basically we get what the public gets. I've always tagged that as being both frugal and disciplined.
The good thing about a forum like this, if anyone gets any tidbit we all share it here. Like 'ozarkbugg's reservation 'submission' number. That a good catch.
How closely does that number match to the final reported reservations count? I'm assuming it's the same, but is it?

Good question. I had thought that the number was merely the transaction number but that number isn't high enough to account for all the upgrades that have no doubt been going on. I wonder if they are, in fact, only giving those numbers to new reservations. That wouldn't, of course, take into account people who have put money down as refundable and then asked for their money back. Hmm... I wonder how close your number is, indeed...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know every new vehicle I'm owned I receive information from the company for some time. If just an update or a friendly hello, we miss you.
You would think that a new business starting up and has your money for a reservation and to help with start up of the business would let those with skin in the game be kept up via email or etc. of progress. But all we here is by what is on the news. That being 6800/84 and by the end of '15.
Then we hear from other sources that price may not be firm, gas MPG isn't firm and no engine as of yet.
A bone to those that have put money up every once in a while wouldn't hurt.
I think Paul himself should be in contact with those with money invested as much as he is on TV.
Ummm, I didn't get a new vehicle yet. I got a place in line. I would think a new business starting up that is in the process of developing said vehicle is busy doing that rather than spending time spoon feeding me information. We get information all the time. The problem is, the more they give us the more some of you want. I am so enjoying learning as we go and my blood pressure tells me my approach to the commitment I have made is keeping me young (well, younger) and healthy. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It definitely is an eye catcher. :-) Z

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As of 09/28/14 34812. A lot slower, huh? :(
Actually, that's slightly better than I predicted.
We were at ~45/day as of the last announcement, this one is at 40/day.
The rate of decrease is decreasing.
If it levels out, it won't be far below where it is now.
At the current rate (without any major news) it looks like 38.6k reservations by the end of the year or 48k reservations by Sept 1.

Once they have engine numbers out and start churning out milestones, reservations will go nuts again.

4e3Cuhp.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom