• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"Keeping the nose out of trouble will be a challenge." This might be a problem because I plan on storing mine in my 5th wheel toy hauler. I wonder if the nose is easily taken off?

I suspect you won't be alone in doing so .... it shouldn't be too long after they go into production that you will see them being towed behind motor homes

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe I prefer the styling of the P4. I have never been a fan of the engine hood and windshield being at the same angle creating one straight line. Of course, this is probably more aerodynamic. It looks like the "wheel well" opening is smaller, though I can not tell for certain. As I have said before, I miss the flare around the wheel well. I wish they had kept the P4 design and stayed at 81 mpg.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm another after market item?
Shock/impact absorbing bumpers.
For transport, have a Styrofoam block that attaches to the nose and tail.
Or front proximity detectors; so as the nose gets close to something it will beep.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe I prefer the styling of the P4. I have never been a fan of the engine hood and windshield being at the same angle creating one straight line. Of course, this is probably more aerodynamic. It looks like the "wheel well" opening is smaller, though I can not tell for certain. As I have said before, I miss the flare around the wheel well. I wish they had kept the P4 design and stayed at 81 mpg.
Not having the wheels on changes the appearance a lot. I'm betting the P4 looks pretty similar.

Other random thoughts from the last 2 pages:

Honestly, most cars you can't see where the bumper is exactly.

I was thinking pic 1 was looking up thru the grate of a pit cover.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just checked Amazon for sonar proximity detector kit. $15.00 for 4 sensors amplifier and indicator. Adapted to fit the nose should really help with wear & tear on the nose from curbs and walls. Being low and not visible from the drivers seat the nose will need all the help it can get. Cheap insurance IMHO.

Top Bottom