• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, it would be the rubber bands holding the car together back there, threatening to drop pieces on the guy's head. But improving the mpg with judicious use of rubber bands -- I like it!
That reminds me -- When I was in high school, I knew a guy who owned a VW Bug with his sister. He had a special modification made -- a clockwork (wind-up) key installed at the back of the car. Before he and his sister would take off, he'd get out and wind the key up until it was ready, then let it go and jump in the passenger seat. They would go driving around town in this Bug with a clockwork key turning in the back of the car. When the key stopped turning, they'd slow down to stop at a light, he'd jump out and quickly wind it up again, then jump back in the car as the light turned green. The other drivers loved it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
CBXBob --- Over the years I've collected a number of old bikes mostly bikes I wanted but couldn't afford in my younger days. Among them is a '79 and an '80 CBX. Neither has run in years. The '79 has a 6 into 1 D&G exhaust and sounds like a Formula 1 car coming at you. One of the disadvantages of the Houston area is salt air and high humidity. Corrosion is a constant battle on old bikes.
How refreshing to hear; you're the first person I've run into in a long time that knows what the early Honda CBX is.
That bike was one of the most exhilarating I've ever ridden; it will give you "cheek flappers" just going across an intersection (the cheeks on your face; the other ones are too busy clenching the seat) :becky: Buddy of mine got one of the first that came out and let me take it for a weekend. It was AWESOME!!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or putting it back in ......... again

In the lower picture, on the right, you see a hand sticking up.
Photo bomb?
Well, just not taking a break for the camera. Notice the head too? Proof-positive, more than one person working on it, unless he's an XMen, lol.
OIC, there's a head right by the hand, no, I meant the other head at the left.

Last edited:

CBXBob

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two CBX's and never ride them. How is the Concours? I like the bike but always heard bad things about it vibrating. How would it be on a 440 mile day trip>
Hi pistonboy, always great to meet other CBX enthusiasts! And future Elio Owners too!
About the Concours, it came along at a time when I was ready to get back to riding. One owner, 14K miles, clean as a whistle, and $3k ! The 1000cc model was virtually unchanged in it's 20 year run ('86-'06), so there are lots of them out there, unlike the CBX.
As to the vibration, they can be "buzzy" mostly at the handle bar, I changed from the stock cast bars (like the X's) to tubular, and vibration hasn't been a problem. Got the bike in July of '13, it now has 28k, 520 miles last Sunday. I love my X's, but won't be riding them more than a couple hundred miles a year, when I get 100k on the Connie I'll find another low mile deal, and repeat :rolleyes:, I'm only 68, got lots of time to wear out an Elio too :p
Check out http://forum.cog-online.org/ tons of Connie info, and great people. I have the same handle there. I'll bet Elio drivers will wave too!:D

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just like them posted here for convenience sake, and to see everyone's related comments
top3-10-15-2.jpg
Top3-P51.jpg

Top Bottom