• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

CBXBob

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey CBXBob --- Like your handle! Few people have ever heard of Hondas original hotrod. Have a couple of them myself.
Hey Skygazer, so far have owned 4, all Prolinks. Still have a stock 82, and an 82 nakid project about 80% done. You on CBXWorld.com ? I'm 6pac2go there :p
We obviosly have similar interests, Elio's and X's.
My bike for putting miles on is a 02 Kawasaki Concours I bought a couple years ago, great bike also. It lives in Oregon, so only gets ridden May through October. 6500 miles last year, 8200 so far this year. I don't ride a lot in So. Cal., too many crazy drivers, not enough back roads.
20140531_085822.jpg

Can't wait to get the Elio out on the mountain roads here in Oregon.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought I remembered hearing about a left side foot rest for those long trips and there it is.Nice detail.

THE LEFT SIDE FOOT REST IS KNOWN AS A DEAD PEDAL .
HERE IS THE ONE I MADE FOR MY MESSERSCHMITT TIGER .

IT IS SIMILAR TO THE ONES IN THE KR-200 EXCEPT FOR THE LIGHTENING HOLES
AND THE LACK OF A HIGH BEAM FOOT SWITCH .

DSC_0125.JPG

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not having the wheels on changes the appearance a lot. I'm betting the P4 looks pretty similar.

Other random thoughts from the last 2 pages:

Honestly, most cars you can't see where the bumper is exactly.

I was thinking pic 1 was looking up thru the grate of a pit cover.

I agree. People drive cars like the Corvette and they "get accustomed" to the long nose pretty quickly. Personally, I will be adding a Dash Cam or 2. At a staggering cost ;) of around $50 (ebay) for a "dual camera" setup I consider it cheap insurance.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Skygazer, so far have owned 4, all Prolinks. Still have a stock 82, and an 82 nakid project about 80% done. You on CBXWorld.com ? I'm 6pac2go there :p
We obviosly have similar interests, Elio's and X's.
My bike for putting miles on is a 02 Kawasaki Concours I bought a couple years ago, great bike also. It lives in Oregon, so only gets ridden May through October. 6500 miles last year, 8200 so far this year. I don't ride a lot in So. Cal., too many crazy drivers, not enough back roads.View attachment 7264
Can't wait to get the Elio out on the mountain roads here in Oregon.
I have two CBX's and never ride them. How is the Concours? I like the bike but always heard bad things about it vibrating. How would it be on a 440 mile day trip>

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just checked Amazon for sonar proximity detector kit. $15.00 for 4 sensors amplifier and indicator. Adapted to fit the nose should really help with wear & tear on the nose from curbs and walls. Being low and not visible from the drivers seat the nose will need all the help it can get. Cheap insurance IMHO.
Sky do you have a link (url)?

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CBXBob --- Over the years I've collected a number of old bikes mostly bikes I wanted but couldn't afford in my younger days. Among them is a '79 and an '80 CBX. Neither has run in years. The '79 has a 6 into 1 D&G exhaust and sounds like a Formula 1 car coming at you. One of the disadvantages of the Houston area is salt air and high humidity. Corrosion is a constant battle on old bikes.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait ... "rubber bands"??? So you're saying the 85mph will come from getting out every few miles to crank up the rubber bands again?
Actually, it would be the rubber bands holding the car together back there, threatening to drop pieces on the guy's head. But improving the mpg with judicious use of rubber bands -- I like it!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just checked Amazon for sonar proximity detector kit. $15.00 for 4 sensors amplifier and indicator. Adapted to fit the nose should really help with wear & tear on the nose from curbs and walls. Being low and not visible from the drivers seat the nose will need all the help it can get. Cheap insurance IMHO.
link?

Top Bottom