• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Talk Me Into Taking The Plunge Thread

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You don't have to put up a dime to watch how things turn out. There are a number of people that did put up some cash and then got second thoughts about the entire enterprise. I have about the same money it costs me to take my sweetie out to dinner invested so far. I will buy mine as soon as I can and am looking forward with much anticipation to the day this (my Elio of course) rolls down my driveway.

Do what is comfortable for you.
Whaaaaaaat.................a $1000 dinner........you definitely know how to treat your sweetie! Just kidding of course. I look forward to my Elio too.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You don't have to put up a dime to watch how things turn out. There are a number of people that did put up some cash and then got second thoughts about the entire enterprise. I have about the same money it costs me to take my sweetie out to dinner invested so far. I will buy mine as soon as I can and am looking forward with much anticipation to the day this (my Elio of course) rolls down my driveway.

Do what is comfortable for you.
I hope your weren't taking your sweetie to the Rainbow Room at The Golden Arches, cause I don't think they have a $10 all in. lol.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all. Going all in is definately a personal decision. We all have our own comfort levels and willingness to take a chance. I feel really good and had the money, so i went all in. I told my wife I was using my small bonus to put down a deposit and get a new tattoo. Accomplished. lol No one should go in more than theya re comfortable with. Welcome to this group. All input is valuable.

MASCMAN

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The only price gouging I would expect will be from some of the owner's of the first years's run.

They may not really like the Elio like they thought they would and I'll bet they will take full advantage of the demand when they want to unload it...just an assumption.

Also, I have already read about one person stating pretty blatantly that they are getting one up front and then reserving a later year production, with the thought of flipping the first for profit and getting a later, improved model. I personally would not put that out there for all to read, but as stated, anyone can do what they want.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only price gouging I would expect will be from some of the owner's of the first years's run.

They may not really like the Elio like they thought they would and I'll bet they will take full advantage of the demand when they want to unload it...just an assumption.

Also, I have already read about one person stating pretty blatantly that they are getting one up front and then reserving a later year production, with the thought of flipping the first for profit and getting a later, improved model. I personally would not put that out there for all to read, but as stated, anyone can do what they want.
I read that too, but apparently they didn't read the fine print when they reserved that second one where it says, they are not transferable. The reservation is attached to their email address, and if they somehow are able to transfer it, that reservation goes to the end of the line. So there won't be any advantage unless they actually place the order themselves and go through the process.

MASCMAN

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I read that too, but apparently they didn't read the fine print when they reserved that second one where it says, they are not transferable. The reservation is attached to their email address, and if they somehow are able to transfer it, that reservation goes to the end of the line. So there won't be any advantage unless they actually place the order themselves and go through the process.

I believe the thought was, get a first run model and have the later reservation in, then, flip the first run model and use the reserve to get a second run (perceived to be better) model. Sounded like they were looking forward to making money off the demand for one and still being able to own one...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the thought was, get a first run model and have the later reservation in, then, flip the first run model and use the reserve to get a second run (perceived to be better) model. Sounded like they were looking forward to making money off the demand for one and still being able to own one...
I suspect they may have reservations on two........take delivery on both........and sell one for whatever the market demands.

Also, I don't think we will see improvements on second run production.......how can EM improve on perfection after testing and tweaking the 25 production models.

Top Bottom