• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Talk Me Into Taking The Plunge Thread

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the thought was, get a first run model and have the later reservation in, then, flip the first run model and use the reserve to get a second run (perceived to be better) model. Sounded like they were looking forward to making money off the demand for one and still being able to own one...
Twice the gamble, twice the return.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you read all the information from EM and on here you will learn that EM has currently reached 81 mpg, if I remember correctly, and I believe the prototypes have reached over 100 mph (not that I care because I would never drive that fast). However, they are very clear when you make your reservation that there are NO guarantees. Just like there is no guarantee that when you walk out of the door today, you will survive to walk back in. I, for one, made my reservation based on a commitment to the idea and my trust in EM's commitment to producing it and meeting every one of those goals. But I also accept that there is no guarantee that it will happen. If for some off the wall reason the Elio does not happen, I will still have had the experience of a life time simply being part of the journey to Elio production. This is truly the most amazing trip of my life and I am enjoying every minute of it. :) Z

I'm not as concerned about the mileage or top speed (as those will probably be at least very close to the projections) as I am about the price...

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's only money, can't take it with you :)

When one of the primary selling points of the vehicle is a low selling price, people tend to get irate when the advertised price isn't the actual price. I'm not saying this is likely to happen, because it likely won't, I'm just sayin...after reading many posts on various sites, the #1 concern seems to be that Elio won't be able to stick to the $6800 price...most think it will have to go up...

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When one of the primary selling points of the vehicle is a low selling price, people tend to get irate when the advertised price isn't the actual price. I'm not saying this is likely to happen, because it likely won't, I'm just sayin...after reading many posts on various sites, the #1 concern seems to be that Elio won't be able to stick to the $6800 price...most think it will have to go up...
Once you add in tax, title, and delivery fees it most certainly will not be 6800. I feel like that's where the majority of the sticker shock will be.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But why assume the negative. Paul Elio and EM is doing everything to meet their 4 stated goals and yet people insist on doubting. I am more comfortable with assuming they will meet their goals. Therefore you need to go with what you are comfortable. But how many times do you have to beat a dead horse to convince yourself it is really dead? Make your decision and accept living with it. Now I am out of here. I have better things to think about. Like driving my Elio next year. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once you add in tax, title, and delivery fees it most certainly will not be 6800. I feel like that's where the majority of the sticker shock will be.
There is no reason for sticker shock. You can go to your state websites and find out what the tax, title and licensing fees will be. Elio Motors will let us know what the delivery fee is once they know what it is. But they are determined to keep it fair as with everything else. If you want an estimate of potential delivery fee (and I do not mean dealer prep but only delivery fee) go to a local dealer and look at their price lists. Hopefully they are honest enough to list delivery fee separately from all their dealer prep garbage separately. That will at least give you a ballpark amount. :-) Z

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a leap of faith. Most of us believe that the price will be $6800 if at all possible. If not, I personally would expect to pay whatever additional cost is necessary to bring this vehicle to market, within reason. Anyone who wants a set-in-stone price, should wait until it is available on the open market. I would be willing to bet, it will cost more once it is available to the public at the retail stores. Just my opinion. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Top Bottom