• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thoughts And Observations

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
im thinking the classic fenders and these would deter all but the most determined doordenters.

image.jpeg

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some of you older guys may remember curb feelers from years ago. I'm thinking, that with the Elio, their time may have come again. When parking against the curb it might be kind of hard to tell how close you can get without scraping your fender on the concrete. These might just be solution

s-l1000.jpg

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some of you older guys may remember curb feelers from years ago. I'm thinking, that with the Elio, their time may have come again. When parking against the curb it might be kind of hard to tell how close you can get without scraping your fender on the concrete. These might just be solution

s-l1000.jpg
I thought of that, too, but man those things were hideous even back then. With the Elio's grill opening, those things will just make the Elio look like a catfish. I might look into adding some cameras to the fenders.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

s-l1000.jpg
I can already hear them "whistling in the wind" :mad:
Because we can simply look out (and down a bit) and see the front tires...I don't foresee any issues related to how close I am to the curb. ;)

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score

s-l1000.jpg

Open the window and take a look remember, you can do that in the Elio because you can look out of the "passenger side" window just as easy as the driver's side

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Related to this subject, I have been wondering about a particular part of parking. I haven't sat in the any of the Elio models, but how easy is it to see the position of the front of the wheel covers?

The reason I ask is because I understand that the Elio has the same ground clearance as most cars, but normally when most people part their cars against the curb, they know when to stop from the tire hitting the curb. With the standard wheel covers coming down low on the front of the tires, their could be significant damage to the cover if you hit the curb.

index1.jpg
index2.jpg
images.jpg

Top Bottom