• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not much of a track for these kinds of trailers...
yellow-one-wheel-motorcycle-trailer2.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I like this one, too.
http://n-line.com/
Not much of a track for these kinds of trailers...View attachment 5046

I love many of the motorcycle trailers however nearly all the ones I have seen are way too expensive for my taste and for me not worth the cost for the amount of use I will give them. I figure that by using a Harbor Freight or similar inexpensive chassis with a rooftop carrier attached and the trailer upgrades I mentioned along with using Plasti Dip to paint it up nicely myself that I can have a trailer nearly as nice as those for only about $600 in cash and a few hours of labor.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love many of the motorcycle trailers however nearly all the ones I have seen are way too expensive for my taste and for me not worth the cost for the amount of use I will give them. I figure that by using a Harbor Freight or similar inexpensive chassis with a rooftop carrier attached and the trailer upgrades I mentioned along with using Plasti Dip to paint it up nicely myself that I can have a trailer nearly as nice as those for only about $600 in cash and a few hours of labor.
Oh, I agree. There were also some really nice ones in the $1,200 range but that Nline one, there was a guy who reached down and picked the trailer up by it's fender and dropped it. They showed it in slow motion and the suspension was obvious when he picked it up and when he dropped the rear tire about 2 feet, it didn't bounce once. I've seen cheap trailers bouncing around behind cars and I know I don't want my coolaid shook up that much. realistically, I won't even bother with a trailer. I have kids and anywhere I would go long distance would involve more family members than the Elio can haul. I can't take the wife on a long trip because the kids would burn down the house. If I'm by myself, I can fit everything I'd need inside the Elio. If I were going on long trips, I'd probably spring for a nice trailer that wouldn't bounce my Elioass around too much. (I'd make sure it matches my motorcycle because, why not?) It'd be close in price to the SkyzMatic...

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not much of a track for these kinds of trailers...View attachment 5046

You know, Ty, something like that might have the advantage in the rain as it's directly following the Elio rear wheel. A disavantage I see, is if your load shifted in the container, or wasn't loaded evenly, it might cause some wierd tracking....maybe. Cool looking though! :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Down the road there will be a used Elio market. I may buy one with a shot IAV engine, strip it down removing any excess weight, and reverse tow it as a fully enclosed trailer behind my classic Elio. An Elio towing an Elio.

It will even have a frunk!

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Down the road there will be a used Elio market. I may buy one with a shot IAV engine, strip it down removing any excess weight, and reverse tow it as a fully enclosed trailer behind my classic Elio. An Elio towing an Elio.

I just got a flash of that lama on Dr. Doolittle.o_O Push-me Pull-you?

Thanks a lot Rick...I'll be thinking about that the rest of the day.:confused::D

Top Bottom