• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mod comment: Merged thread "Possible Towable Campers Once We Get Specs On How Much Elio Will Tow" into this existing towing thread.

See what I mean about threads getting lost. I totally forgot I had started this one, that’s why I suggested starting a new forum section "All things trailers and camping".

You need more forum sections to increase traffic and keep members active and having to hash over the same old things when news on the car is slow. JMO

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
See what I mean about threads getting lost. I totally forgot I had started this one, that’s why I suggested starting a new forum section "All things trailers and camping".

I did not even realize this was your thread. :D
I think its a great idea and have put it up for discussion in our Moderator area so hopefully we will get something sorted out here soon.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did not even realize this was your thread. :D
I think its a great idea and have put it up for discussion in our Moderator area so hopefully we will get something sorted out here soon.

Thanks.

You need more forum sections to increase traffic and keep members active and not having to hash over the same old things when news on the car is slow. JMO

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The more trailers I see; the more I think I'll put one together myself. Luggage for two is what I am wanting mostly.

The one drawback to the Elio is lack of storage space if you have two people on board. I think a small and lightweight trailer is a great solution to this issue. You will lose some fuel economy pulling a trailer however I am sure the mileage will still be amazing as compared to a standard four wheel vehicle.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hard points mentioned by elio were in reference to the elio being able to be towed, they indicated the elio could be towed flat. I never saw or heard from elio that it would have a trailer hitch. I have never seen a tow weight limit for any motorcycle, but people tow with them. Did the geo metro have a tow weight limit specified? I don't believe elio will set a specific tow weight limit, or even mention that you can tow with it for legal reasons, and the wear and tear on the engine and transmission. I don't think it will have a tow package, transmission cooler for the automatic transmission either. If anyone has differing information, please let me know. I will most likely put a trailer hitch on mine.
'silverfox'; here it is from the 'horse's mouth';
Elio Motors We plan on providing possible attachment points and wiring for a trailer hitch. However, Elio Motors will not be manufacturing a hitch.. we leave that up to the aftermarket Point of Sale system!

Like · 25 · October 5, 2013 at 8:49am

Reaction score
I'll use the pickup truck to go camping or to transport large farm animals. That is about the only time I use it now. It is a gas hog. I'll still be able to load a 50 pound bag of feed in the back of the elio. Maybe two bags and my little dog will still be in her doggie seat, hanging off the back seat. No problem. I will miss my ford when I need to pick up three granddaughters for visitation, but heck, I'll just make three trips (without dog). Grandma will have wings.

Top Bottom