• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

silverfox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Looks like it shouldn't be too hard to mount a trailer hitch. It would be nice if after market made it so it is a bolt on.

Attachments

• elio swing arm2.jpg
    elio swing arm2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 275
  • elio swing arm.jpg
    elio swing arm.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 277

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is what I am planning: a small cargo trailer for as little as $350 from Northern Tool holding a hard, lockable cargo carrier like you'd see on a minivan. Lightweight and versatile
trailer1.jpg
If I had this shell, and some diamond plate aluminum, I could complete my trailer.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If I had this shell, and some diamond plate aluminum, I could complete my trailer.

Luckily you have plenty of time to dig out some good deals. Spread the word to your coworkers and friends and maybe keep an eye on craigslist and you never know what you may come up with for a good price.

I have a nice cargo shell and some extra parts that were all free or left over from other projects so what I have to do is dig up a good deal on a trailer.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Luckily you have plenty of time to dig out some good deals. Spread the word to your coworkers and friends and maybe keep an eye on craigslist and you never know what you may come up with for a good price.

I have a nice cargo shell and some extra parts that were all free or left over from other projects so what I have to do is dig up a good deal on a trailer.
Harbor freight for the trailer itself.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice picture show, just long enough for a hand full of chips and half a beer. To bad the business owner did not know any thing about word of mouth marketing. He should of gave the rider two or three hundred business cards to pass out along the way “before he left on the trip” not after.
Craig you are absolutely right.... maybe i should find the site again again and tell him to contact Elio for a special edition!

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have towed a trailer with my Goldwing. Let me assure you, if a trailer your looking at can be towed by a motorcycle then an Elio will have no problem with it. I am fond of these campers myself http://www.golittleguy.com/model?id=40&model=4-Wide-Platform
Mike71 I like the look of the Little guy........But MSRP is as much as the Elio. If I was going to small 4 wheel car tow then i would definitely look at one of these. Double D

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score

http://www.harborfreight.com/870-lb...inch-wheels-and-tires-42708.html#.Uy_JTNc1P1U $150 bucks for this trailer

Top Bottom