• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Will Be The Primary Use For Your Elio?

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've driven the ALCAN 6 times, the first in Feb. 68. All trips were before any paving in Canada (except Whitehorse) and in all four seasons.
I suppose one more trip in an Elio would be another great adventure. Sign me up for that one.:)

One AlCan trip in 76, 5 tires shredded on a dovetail van, great trip anyway!

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've driven the ALCAN 6 times, the first in Feb. 68. All trips were before any paving in Canada (except Whitehorse) and in all four seasons.
I suppose one more trip in an Elio would be another great adventure. Sign me up for that one.:)
Maybe you should lead on this one <lol>

Monday, June 13th, 2016 Denver meet-up (gives folks the weekend to get here), depart for AK on Tuesday, June 14th, via WY>MT>Calgary>Banff>Ice Fields Pkwy>Jasper,AB>Grande Prairie, AB>Dawson Creek, BC and the beginning of the AlCan! Then on to Ft. Nelson>Whitehorse, YT>Tok, AK (home of Fast Eddie's fantastic pies!) and finally to Denali.

Man, I'm ready to go!!

Dan

LonePine

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm just curious. Since the Elio is primarily made for commuting to work or running errands what is the primary use for you getting this vehicle? I'm retired so my primary usage will be for play. Something to tinker with and cruise around visiting family members without using a lot of gas. Maybe even a budget tent camper for long trips.
For the rest of my life, its going to more than likely be just me, so my Elio's gonna' be "IT" ! I think a Lot of retired singles will be attracted to the practicalty of transportation with lowered vehicle & fuel & insurance costs. As a big plus, it'll mean I'll be able to afford a higher grade of evening whiskey.

LonePine

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Maybe you should lead on this one <lol>

Monday, June 13th, 2016 Denver meet-up (gives folks the weekend to get here), depart for AK on Tuesday, June 14th, via WY>MT>Calgary>Banff>Ice Fields Pkwy>Jasper,AB>Grande Prairie, AB>Dawson Creek, BC and the beginning of the AlCan! Then on to Ft. Nelson>Whitehorse, YT>Tok, AK (home of Fast Eddie's fantastic pies!) and finally to Denali.

Man, I'm ready to go!!

Dan
Alaska is one of the 3 states I Haven't been to by motorcycle. I was retiring and planning a trip there when my ex' hit me with the big D, and I had to sell most everything to keep a roof over my head. Alaska is very definitely on my bucket list, and I'm thinkin' Elio will get 'er done.

ozarkbugg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
For me, being able to park my service van for 30-50% of my house calls, will be a huge gas saver for me. Right now I burn thru $500 of diesel fuel a month.
Hook a small trailer to the "E" , and I could save $150 to $300 in fuel a month. Today alone, I could have saved $25. in fuel, due to a 140 mi day.

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Alaska is one of the 3 states I Haven't been to by motorcycle. I was retiring and planning a trip there when my ex' hit me with the big D, and I had to sell most everything to keep a roof over my head. Alaska is very definitely on my bucket list, and I'm thinkin' Elio will get 'er done.
Ohhh, watch those fenders skirts on all that gravel. I've read some horror stories about the Alaskan Highway that tears stuff up pretty bad.

I'd like to drive/ride the old cattle trails from Texas to Wyoming. I love the idea of not needing to worry about the weather because of the enclosed cabin/cockpit of the Elio. Looking forward to the sporty ride dispite the wintery weather.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

a person can ride a moped from ocean to ocean but that doesn't mean a moped is designed and built for that purpose .... fully realizing that none of us have hands-on experience with an Elio, I'd appreciate your general observations/recommendations .... given a stock Elio, with the knowledge base that you have gained by driving the ALCAN 6 times, what upgrades/mods/changes would you project making prior to driving one to Alaska .... what concerns about the vehicle would you want to address prior to pulling out

Jim

Top Bottom