• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Would You Like To See Added Or Changed To The Site?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What ever happened to the map idea? I know you don't know me from Adam, but I'm a software engineer in Alabama and would be willing to help out. I have a fair amount of web and database experience. I have also tinkered with the Google Maps api
Do you mean our reservation map or the mentioned by Elio Motors in one of the blogs? Goofyone keeps up with our reservation map. The other one is most likely managed by EM staff. I believe Goofyone has had to learn Google Maps on the fly so he may appreciate your input. He is a great guy, in my experience, so don't hesitate to talk to him. :-) Z

Macadamean

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Do you mean our reservation map or the mentioned by Elio Motors in one of the blogs? Goofyone keeps up with our reservation map. The other one is most likely managed by EM staff. I believe Goofyone has had to learn Google Maps on the fly so he may appreciate your input. He is a great guy, in my experience, so don't hesitate to talk to him. :) Z
No, I don't mean the EM one. That one is nice, but I would like pinpoints linked to forum data so you can see clusters of individuals by city. I haven't seen the one Goofy has done, as I've only been lurking for a couple weeks. My Google Map experience is small. I wrote a small Android App coupled with a site that would live track my location. I stored points in a database from my GPS and the website would draw my current line. Never did much with it, though.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, I don't mean the EM one. That one is nice, but I would like pinpoints linked to forum data so you can see clusters of individuals by city. I haven't seen the one Goofy has done, as I've only been lurking for a couple weeks. My Google Map experience is small. I wrote a small Android App coupled with a site that would live track my location. I stored points in a database from my GPS and the website would draw my current line. Never did much with it, though.
Here is the link.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/embed?mid=zZCKjl9KZQaU.kNW_qd3e11wQ

I know one of the issues he has had is having trouble with multiple markers in one location. This is located in the Elio Reservation Forum/ Reservation Map and Survey thread. There are 3 posts that Goofyone created as you will see.. Take a look. I love checking it out because I am a map nut and totally appreciate the fact that Goofyone has created this one for us. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do or could we have the ability of sending PM (private message) direct to members , so we could ask questions or exchange numbers, etc.
Between your login name and ALERTS is an INBOX. Click on that and you will see start a new conversation. I suspect you can probably figure it out from there. If not let me know and I will send you a message so I can tell you how to do it as I do it (I hope that makes sense) so I know I am sending the correct instructions. LOL :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Do or could we have the ability of sending PM (private message) direct to members , so we could ask questions or exchange numbers, etc.
Between your login name and ALERTS is an INBOX. Click on that and you will see start a new conversation. I suspect you can probably figure it out from there. If not let me know and I will send you a message so I can tell you how to do it as I do it (I hope that makes sense) so I know I am sending the correct instructions. LOL :) Z

On this forum private messages are labeled as 'conversations'. If you select a members avatar a box will pop up which includes an option to 'Start a Conversation' with them. As Z mentioned you can also start a conversation from the Inbox at the top right of the screen.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On this forum private messages are labeled as 'conversations'. If you select a members avatar a box will pop up which includes an option to 'Start a Conversation' with them. As Z mentioned you can also start a conversation from the Inbox at the top right of the screen.
Actually, I think your idea is easier. LOL I just learned something new today. Thanks! :-) Z

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you could add a feature or change something about this site, what would it be? I'm always looking for suggestions on how to improve on how we do things here.

Thanks!
I am really thankful for all that you guys have done to promote the car, and the ease to navigate the site. Keep up the great work!!

Top Bottom