• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Plastic fenders though... :( I remember hooking a wire from the distributor cap on a police cruiser, running it around and to the drivers seat and then wetting the seat a bit... when the senior radio tech tried to start the car... I didn't work there long.
Disclaimer: Do not try this in this day and age. This is for entertainment purposes ONLY.
Drill two small holes where a butt would rest on a fender. Insert two straight pins head up. Connect to a charged capacitor, from an old distributor, when the offender sits and completes the circuit, ZAP. We did this in the early seventies in A&P school. It's a wonder any of us ever graduated.
Yup, some of us have too much free time on our hands. :D

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Disclaimer: Do not try this in this day and age. This is for entertainment purposes ONLY.
Drill two small holes where a butt would rest on a fender. Insert two straight pins head up. Connect to a charged capacitor, from an old distributor, when the offender sits and completes the circuit, ZAP. We did this in the early seventies in A&P school. It's a wonder any of us ever graduated.
Yup, some of us have too much free time on our hands. :D
Lol... you should have seen the tech jump when he tried to start the car. He got out, yanked the wires out, and threw them across the shop. He never said anything else about it though... But, I was never zapped again either. I learned it from the "old hats", of course. That was good times at the Georgia State Police Radio shop.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zipper and Dust off, you guys are too funny. Fender Mohawks! :confused:
That is a matter of opinion, but then I would never thing of sitting on someones fender or hood. That must be a guy thing or a youth thing. I was never into hurtful practical jokes either. :-) Z

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is a matter of opinion, but then I would never thing of sitting on someones fender or hood. That must be a guy thing or a youth thing. I was never into hurtful practical jokes either. :) Z
NOTICE: This is not a very serious subject, if you can not approach the subject matter light heartedly do not read any further.;)
The very first line of this thread. :)
All in fun, no malice intended. YET! :rolleyes:

Greycat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is a matter of opinion, but then I would never thing of sitting on someones fender or hood. That must be a guy thing or a youth thing. I was never into hurtful practical jokes either. :) Z
@Z, I started this thread with a real concern about people sitting on the fender and damaging it, but in keeping with the spirit of "having fun while we wait" I try to present it as light and fun as possible. We've already seen some rather ... uh.. interesting solutions.:D People can be very creative when they are non-stressed.
As for practical jokes (some times painful), well, that's a guys thing, sorry.:p:p

Last edited:

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about an old German helmet pickelhaube on the top of each fender, better yet, get two helmets and make custom fenders...
897(1).jpg

Top Bottom