• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/14/2015 - Elio Motors Engine Debut (with Photos!)

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
GM been using plastic intakes for at least 10 years, probably will be plastic on Elio also. Exhaust my actually be "borrowed" from ???? eo maybe, If tooling still exists ???

A cast in exhaust on he head would have to be visiable already in the casting development, would be an "interesting " part to cast. Cheaper to bolt it on ,I think.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This article says Elio is building the first ground up engine since the Nash, more than 60 years ago. I'm no gear-head, but what about the Mazda rotory engine? I think it first went into a car called the Cosmo in the 1960s -- a little more recent than the Nash.
Mazda wasn't a startup company since 1920 though.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Most intake manifolds are plastic now. Have been going back to at least 2008.

GM been using plastic intakes for at least 10 years, probably will be plastic on Elio also.

I've learned something, thanks for the info .... the last motor I rebuilt was a 360 out of a '78 Jeep J10 pickup .... consequently, my technical knowledge is a bit dated .. :rolleyes:

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My 1996 Mustang had a plastic intake. Elio will probably use a plastic one as well. With a cast exhaust manifold. Now someone will figure out how to add the image bellow.

6905.jpe

Last edited:

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With compression already at 13:1 (or so) , gonna be interesting :)
Cottage industry alert... Modified head, pistons and turbo "kit" ready to go with a new "flash" for the PCM...... Could be good money for the right design!!!

Top Bottom