• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/15/2014 - Ksla - Elio Motors Announces Delay, Production Expected To Start In 2016

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately EM personnel have pretty much disappeared from group membership in any open manner. In the past I have known of some lurker employee members here and Jerome was openly a member of the EMOA Facebook group, which is only open to reservation holders, until December but he pulled out of there last month after things become really nasty and hostile towards EM and dragging in EM personnel.
Thanks for the information. This is sad when Elio should be part of us and us of them. Isn't Elio in the group's name? As the saying goes... (I am full of sayings), "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." But I would like to add... Squeak too much (complain or criticize) and you get replaced... or ignored and forgotten in this case.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. This is sad when Elio should be part of us and us of them. Isn't Elio in the group's name? As the saying goes... (I am full of sayings), "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." But I would like to add... Squeak too much (complain or criticize) and you get replaced... or ignored and forgotten in this case.
This will hopefully change in the future whenever EM actually moves into production and a lot of the "noise" filters itself out. [emoji3]

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if releasing the info on the engine may had should had waited till 1 or 2 weeks after Paul's delay announcement.
+1 but I think he is going one better. He just had a pretty big announcement on the engine that had as much splash as starting it will be. Then he has the bad news of the delay and funding issue. So when the dust settles here he will have the good news on the engine start up to put it back on a positive note.

Just a thought.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That may have been the membership he was mentioning to me. You don't have to be a member to look here. I'm sure there will be some monitoring.
But like I say there are other ways to contact and make a point.
In any case it's pretty clear what we most want from them. Our Elios, ASAP.

And one thing you can all agree on, I can be a BIG tenacious nuisance when I want to be.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would you like a 3D printed miniature Elio for now? :D

You should just print up a whole Elio and I'll stick a harbor freight engine in it :D

This will hopefully change in the future whenever EM actually moves into production and a lot of the "noise" filters itself out. [emoji3]

Ding ding ding ding! Winner!

Nothing shuts up noisy naysayers like hard evidence of success and reaching actual milestone events, with proof.

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Nothing to like about this... but can't say I'm surprised. Give us some good news about an engine to temper the bad news about another delay! I'm really in no hurry. At least we're getting cheap gas while we wait!

Once the illusion of U.S. shale-aplenty ends (especially the confusion between fracked oil-bearing shale and kerogen) we may see the biggest Peak Oil price fears realized. I personally think it's crazy to not buy a vehicle for high MPG, but many people remain shortsighted gluttons who don't bother to study where our most important energy source comes from, or buy into abiotic fantasies.

I hope Mr. Elio's theme of energy efficiency doesn't get compromised by engine modders and power-hungry Amurricans who BIRG over a vehicle's speed above all else. There will surely be a crowd who sees this as a motorcycle replacement, but the core production should focus on good gas mileage if they tweak the engine later on.

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Bad thing is 90% on here don't want to face the music.
I can afford the lose but there are some on here that needed a car and was holding on.
Now they will have to spend their money on A VEHICLE AND NOT WAIT ON ELIO.
If it had not been for Caddo Police Jury Paul would let us DRAG this out until the end of the year.
My personal opinion is that this will cook Elio's goose. I pray I'm wrong but if you hadn't put money already
would you now?

I'm on the fence with pessimism and would be disappointed if at least several thousand aren't produced, which would increase chances for a similar concept later. Seeing a decent number of cabined 3-wheelers on American roads could sway people who barely get the concept. I put down an Elio deposit but it's refundable and not hefty. If the reservation count breaks 50,000 it could be a psychological milestone for a good type of "mob mentality" to boost success. 100,000 would be really good.

Something like this could have been built decades ago but gluttonous public tastes prevented it. Now, that same herd is seeing temporary low oil prices (shale fracking is last-ditch oil) and getting dumb again. Come on, America, wise up and get a longer attention span!

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You should just print up a whole Elio and I'll stick a harbor freight engine in it :D

Ding ding ding ding! Winner!

Nothing shuts up noisy naysayers like hard evidence of success and reaching actual milestone events, with proof.
So they develop a car, then pay for an engine to be developed from scratch, pay money to go around the country to show off their two cars, have lots of well know people in the car industry get together to develop and build this thing...all the con people out of money? I find that a little hard to believe.

Yes, I don't think it was ever a conspiracy, nor was the Aptera (though I doubted its MPG claims). There are people who simply want to do good in the world and a lot of cynical types can't grasp that concept. But Elio should have been ultra-realistic about production times, as that alone can foster doubt.

Maybe someone like Warren Buffett will reserve a bunch of cars for $100 million and seal the deal. These things come down to political will and overriding the mindless herd that marketers pander to. This is not some super high-tech car that would take an engineering miracle to pull off. That's why my confidence remains about 70/30 still

Top Bottom