• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/15/2014 - Ksla - Elio Motors Announces Delay, Production Expected To Start In 2016

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To all those screaming con, fraud, bankruptcy: get a grip. Yes/no do/don't on/off decisions aren't made instantaneously. Factors changes, pressures build, deadlines loom, and decisions are eventually announced. You seem to think that because you weren't privy to every day's arguments and every day's data and every day's discussion, you have been fooled. If you had been a fly on the wall, you'd have complained about dithering and indecision and waffling. You will never be satisfied with anything anyone else does, yet look at your own life and ask yourself how many decisions you put off, how many announcements you made.

Married? Did it happen out of the blue? If you popped the question, did your future spouse complain and ask why you didn't make the decision sooner?

Own a house, rent an apartment? Were those decisions instantaneous and with full disclosure?

Work for somebody? Did you whine during the interview that the job posting should have been posted sooner? When they made you an offer, did you whine that they should have made it the instant the interview was over and skipped all the other candidates?

Give me a break. Go whine somewhere else.
The issue with me is that yesterday on FB Elio was assuring everyone that they were on target to begin production in 2015. So either someone wasn't giving them the correct information or they were flat out lying to us. That's what makes this so difficult for me.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The issue with me is that yesterday on FB Elio was assuring everyone that they were on target to begin production in 2015. So either someone wasn't giving them the correct information or they were flat out lying to us. That's what makes this so difficult for me.
Or they didn't make the decision to delay production till right before the meeting. It IS still possible the loan will come through any day and at that point, they could hit production this year. The reason for the delay is funding and that reason could be moot if funding comes through.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or they didn't make the decision to delay production till right before the meeting. It IS still possible the loan will come through any day and at that point, they could hit production this year. The reason for the delay is funding and that reason could be moot if funding comes through.
Agreed. It could happen, but doubtful. (IMO).
As for making the decision right before the meeting? I'm not sure I'm buying that.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard back from one of my birdies over night and what I am hearing is that the decision on this delay was made within the last week as all the senior management was in the same place assisting with CES and then Barrett-Jackson which is near Phoenix. The rest of the EM employees did not know about this decision until just before we did.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard back from one of my birdies over night and what I am hearing is that the decision on this delay was made within the last week as all the senior management was in the same place assisting with CES and Barrett-Jackson which is near Phoenix. The regular employees did not know about this decision until just before we did.
Wow. Way to hang them out to dry.
Pam and Jerome and the FB moderators are going to be taking SERIOUS heat and are going to be in damage control mode for a while.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dissapointed? Yes. But would rather focus on what Elio Motors has accomplished so far, which is monumental. I wish everybody had to run a business for a year and have to be in charge of paying salaries, rent, phone bills, and dealing with all the negativity of people trying to make their problems be your problems . Paul must stay focused on the process and not on the goal. Paul knows this and I'm sure that he wants this infinitely more than we do. I choose to believe he can get this done and to have more perspective and emotional bandwidth than to beat myself up with a bunch of negative BS that only saps you of energy that can be channeled into doing something constructive. As Calvin LaLoosh said in Bull Durham, "Sometimes you win, Sometimes you lose, Sometimes it rains".

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been predicting this all along. It just didn't add up. No prototypes, no money, no DOE loan, no employees... Paul will continue to sell off the remnants of the factory and bank a few million on the sales. After the DOE disapproves his loan (no later than this summer) he will make another delay announcement maintaining the 12-18 month production date to bait more reservationists. The big Wall Street type investors will have already pulled out and the Elio will be sunk. Paul will not admit this and instruct (demand) that all of his Elio employees leak nothing (just like what happened last night). Paul will hand out golden parachutes to his faithful few and tell the rest of us to go to hell.

Just a week ago I was labeled a “hater” for predicting what just happened. The truth sometimes sucks and I’m more disappointed than most because I’ve been in this game longer than most. Paul Elio just lost a majority of his creditability last night and investors took notice. I highly recommend he take up politics after this, he already has the foundation in lying, misleading, dodging answers, and fund raising. By the way, it was so cold in Virginia this week I actually saw a politician with his hands in his own pocket for a change.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dissapointed? Yes. But would rather focus on what Elio Motors has accomplished so far, which is monumental. I wish everybody had to run a business for a year and have to be in charge of paying salaries, rent, phone bills, and dealing with all the negativity of people trying to make their problems be your problems . Paul must stay focused on the process and not on the goal. Paul knows this and I'm sure that he wants this infinitely more than we do. I choose to believe he can get this done and to have more perspective and emotional bandwidth than to beat myself up with a bunch of negative BS that only saps you of energy that can be channeled into doing something constructive. As Calvin LaLoosh said in Bull Durham, "Sometimes you win, Sometimes you lose, Sometimes it rains".
Also from Bull Durham "I love winning! It's like...better than losing."

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been predicting this all along. It just didn't add up. No prototypes, no money, no DOE loan, no employees... Paul will continue to sell off the remnants of the factory and bank a few million on the sales. After the DOE disapproves his loan (no later than this summer) he will make another delay announcement maintaining the 12-18 month production date to bait more reservationists. The big Wall Street type investors will have already pulled out and the Elio will be sunk. Paul will not admit this and instruct (demand) that all of his Elio employees leak nothing (just like what happened last night). Paul will hand out golden parachutes to his faithful few and tell the rest of us to go to hell.

Just a week ago I was labeled a “hater” for predicting what just happened. The truth sometimes sucks and I’m more disappointed than most because I’ve been in this game longer than most. Paul Elio just lost a majority of his creditability last night and investors took notice. I highly recommend he take up politics after this, he already has the foundation in lying, misleading, dodging answers, and fund raising. By the way, it was so cold in Virginia this week I actually saw a politician with his hands in his own pocket for a change.
Too far.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ATVM program has been slow-ahead ever since they dropped a bundle on two failed projects. They have been licking their wounds for about three years. (Fisker was one of these; I forget the second). They are in no hurry to repeat the mistake and be shut down by an angry Congress.

Also, with gas prices down, some of the pressure to reduce our national oil consumption is eased (it shouldn't be; this is an underlying issue for all humanity, but long-sightedness isn't a characteristic of the voters OR the Congress). That reduces the sense of urgency to get an ATVM loan approved, or even to fund the program at all.

I am not privvy to the goings-on in the DOE or the ATVM program. It is possible they might make a decision any day. But to hold this out as a reason to delay the search for additional funding, or to delay construction of the prototype vehicles, doesn't compute. ATVM, like God, moves in mysterious ways its wonders to perform. You and I can't count on it. Neither can Paul Elio.

Paul has been searching for capital all the while saying the funding is in place to build the 25 prototypes. This is double-speak, and it is not OK in my book, not now, not ever. I can see how it came to happen, but it does shatter faith when leaders have to backtrack.

Top Bottom