• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/15/2014 - Ksla - Elio Motors Announces Delay, Production Expected To Start In 2016

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pictures please

No pictures, but I do have the framing modeled out on my computer at work. Basically, 40' wide x 30' deep, with 10' ceilings [faulted]. One bay reinforce for a two-post lift heavyduty enough to pick up my F250 Diesel. And 50' wide x 25' deep concrete slab in front of it and along one side so my truck doesn't hang out into the alley if there's no room left to pull it in because it's full of Porsches and Elios. ;)

Cool thing is, all the guys I hang out with are tradesmen. Carpenters, concrete workers, roofers, drywallers, and electricians [I do plumbing, HVAC and electrical after the main]. I've done a lot of HVAC work for them and their families, and they're the ones that are giving me hell about not having it built yet...good friends to have for sure!

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, in my frustration, I went and got a new car today since I can't wait anymore. This was a bargain. I picked it up at the Mount Prospect city police auction. It's an old Mount Prospect police car. They were practically giving em away.
bluesmobile_blues_brothers_joliet.jpg

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a LIE. He is the head man in charge and should know. If he doesn't he should find out or shut up.
1. Why don't you shut up.
2. Why do you even frequent this site? Get a life.
3. What have you ever built with your own two hands that had any resell value at all?
Take your negativity somewhere else. Whether or not the E-car ever comes to be will not change my life one little bit. I put down a thousand dollar bet that it will, and I am enjoying the comradarie of the folks here who believe the same. I hope Zelio haunts you and Texas Elio and EZ and all the other nay sayers till the day we get our E-cars!

Last edited:

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.... I think the Elio is very important in a variety of ways, all worth supporting whether or not I ever get my car. It is important socially. If it succeeds, it may even help us see that moderation and efficiency are OK, and that we don't have to be owned by enormous vehicles all the time. It will create jobs, not just for the Elio folks, but for the people who can suddenly afford distant commutes. It will put more money into the economy by reducing the amount spent keeping klunkers going. It reduces our carbon footprint and our dependence on oil.

These are reasons to keep cheering for Elio, not screaming "fraud, fraud." That's just having a public tantrum because you're disappointed, and accomplishes nothing.

Yes, this is a setback. But I sure wouldn't call it intentional fraud.

That is the reason I made my non refunable! The ca is neat and I really want one, but the IDEA is a game changer. Too bad the "money lenders" have not seen the potential.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. Why don't you shut up.
2. Why do you even frequent this site? Get a life.
3. What have you ever built with your own two hands that had any resell value at all?
Take your negativity somewhere else. Whether or not the E-car ever comes to be will not change my life one little bit. I put down a thousand dollar bet that it will, and I am enjoying the comradarie of the folks here who believe the same. I hope Zelio haunts you and Texas Elio and EZ and all the other nay sayers till the day we get our E-cars!

Remember you are talking to a group of people who don't have faith in anything but self.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have follow this forum for many many months. I can no longer be quite any more.

Please be careful to put Mr. Elio on a platform. He is a buisnessman. He wants to make money and will do what ever needs to be done to make money. You can all say he is open, but remember he is there to make money. Plan and simple.

As for the suppliers that are involved in this project, from day one everyone has told Mr. Elio he needs to pay to play in this field. Supplier do not work for free as most companies in the world Do Not Work For Free.
Mr. Elio is out to make money, but not at the expense of his values. He is serious about the social value of the Elio, the need to keep it truly affordable, green, and fuel efficient. Being made in America is not hype; he's been acting on it consistently for the last two years at least. He's not a saint, I think his PR skills are weak (or the advice he gets is weak), and he keeps starting all his utterances with "so" as if he were reaching a conclusion. But he is a leader, is a visionary, and is a very, very stubborn man. I do not think he, his project, or his car are going to evaporate quite yet.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also remember this engine is a Prototype engine. There will be many things that will need to be addressed moving forward.
Bet you $10 that there will be few if any changes to the engine -- except to make a turbo kit available! My reason: the computer simulations and engineering are simply too sophisticated for major screw-ups in design. Material specifications may need tweaking, but nothing major. Time and testing will tell.

Top Bottom