• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/16/2016 Letter From Paul Elio

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I kinda do even though I knew the risk. If he were a streight shooter and not a lier I wouldn't feel as bad and give the man credit for trying. Honesty has always been the best policy and lets face it, Paul isn't honest. He will tell you he is and publish a PR statement prepaired by a professional PR firm (like the letter) and make many believe he is, but he isn't. Look at everything we're now just finding out, this couldn't be shared before yesterday? Paul is a deceptive lier, plain and simple.
Broken record here: This Agreement does not constitute an agreement for the sale of a vehicle and does not lock in pricing, a production slot, or an estimated delivery date. You are under no obligation to purchase a vehicle from us, and we are under no obligation to supply you with a vehicle.

How can anyone not see this line before putting money down. If I came to you now selling ANYTHING with this disclaimer you would be a fool to buy.
I am a fool for putting money down on this (but I know that), it's like buying a lottery ticket. I think you are just mad at yourself at this point.
Paul is selling something, he is going to tell you great things about the product (every salesman does this) it's up to us the buyer to beware.
Every commercial on TV has fine print (*may not actually grow hair *may cause bleeding from ears, nose and eyes) especially car commercials.
I know you've been waiting a while (me too since 11/13) but there was never a guarantee on this bet. Do I thing Paul is outright dishonest, no. Do I think he is a wide-eyed optimist (naive) yes, I don't think he came into this as a con?, sure he might be bullshitting on time, space and money, but I think he still thinks this will work, and to a certain degree so do I..

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Broken record here: This Agreement does not constitute an agreement for the sale of a vehicle and does not lock in pricing, a production slot, or an estimated delivery date. You are under no obligation to purchase a vehicle from us, and we are under no obligation to supply you with a vehicle.

How can anyone not see this line before putting money down. If I came to you now selling ANYTHING with this disclaimer you would be a fool to buy.
I am a fool for putting money down on this (but I know that), it's like buying a lottery ticket. I think you are just mad at yourself at this point.
Paul is selling something, he is going to tell you great things about the product (every salesman does this) it's up to us the buyer to beware.
Every commercial on TV has fine print (*may not actually grow hair *may cause bleeding from ears, nose and eyes) especially car commercials.
I know you've been waiting a while (me too since 11/13) but there was never a guarantee on this bet. Do I thing Paul is outright dishonest, no. Do I think he is a wide-eyed optimist (naive) yes, I don't think he came into this as a con, sure he might be bullshitting on time, space and money, but I think he still thinks this will work, and to a certain degree so do I..
I believe that for MOST it's not about the money, it's about the lies.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe that for MOST it's not about the money, it's about the lies.
Has anyone said "you will definitely have this by 20XX"? no, it's been maybes and we should be on schedule for 2014/2015
and my entire point is not what he says but what I agreed to when I put my money down, maybe it's the lawyer in me but the contract trumps all verbal agreements here.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
5 times delay is LIES. No matter how you look at it.
For 2014 he said production to start in the 3rd quarter. NOT I wish, hope, dream it will start then.
Seen him on TV to many times saying that.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So even you admit he lied. KOOL.
Look I am in the same boat with everyone, and misinformation is not always a lie (if you ask me the time and my watch is wrong, do you accuse me of lying about the time?) I think there is a lot we don't know, maybe when he made statements there were factors to make him believe what he was saying and then something changed, deals fell through, people backed out. Or maybe he was just lying the whole time. I don't know, you don't know, but anytime someone tries to sell me a car I know I am in for some truth stretching (little old lady only drove it to church).

Top Bottom