• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/16/2016 Letter From Paul Elio

Cedartick

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I am all in at $1000. This is not the biggest gamble I have ever made. I got married over 30 years ago and took a risk it would turn out, with GOD's grace, so far it has turned out well enough. I turn 65 later this year, so the sooner the Elio"s are rolling off the line the better. If they never do, they never do. I know the lotto was created for people that did not do well in math, however people that buy a ticket have a chance of gaining ground financially. People that don't buy have no chance at all of a big score. I suppose you negative types would stop funding your children and grandchildren's college money if they did not finish in 48 months. Glad we are only related by being on this site.

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I once was working on my MA degree by going to weekend intensive classes once a month in a university town several hours away. Each month I would reserve my room for the next month and even pre-pay to guarantee I would have a room as the motels were always full. Imagine my surprise one day when I arrived and the motel was gone. Demolished. Vanished. It had been cleared to make room for a new motel. Did I get a room there that night? No. Did I throw a hissy-fit because they took my money but did not provide what was promised? No. Things happen. I slept in my van, parked near a dormitory, and used the common shower room for a couple of nights. What did I learn from this? Expect the best, anticipate the worst and be flexible. Things work out over time. Elio has a lot of good people behind it and the best is yet to come, slightly delayed. Five years from now the delays and disappointments will be ancient history as a million Elios take to the road. Zelio had faith in the company. So should we.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And how many people that waited until there was a vehicle they could see and feel are going to want one then? I mean like "Right now I have to have one!" attitude.
I might reserve a second that I put up for sale <at a slight mark up> just for that reason.
How's that for faith in the company. ;)

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:rolleyes::):):):)
And how many people that waited until there was a vehicle they could see and feel are going to want one then? I mean like "Right now I have to have one!" attitude.
I might reserve a second that I put up for sale <at a slight mark up> just for that reason.
How's that for faith in the company. ;)
I highly recommend a refundable reservation, if you already have an elio there is no rush for another, ELIO will only gain popularity after release, and just in case you change your mind or elio isn't produced you will still have your money, still a win-win in my opinion.
I was drinking to many keystones when I made my reservation!! I was so stoked to find out about the elio I went all twenty minutes later, although I love the idea and am still excited about the elio.(yes even after delay) I am thinking at this point maybe a refundable option would have been better? Now that production has been pushed back that will give me more time to save and hopefully I won't have to finance my elio and waste money on interest!! I feel like most Americans have plenty of interest and taxes slapped on them!

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the delay was inevitable. It surely shouldn't come as a shock to anyone who has been paying close attention here as the prospect of a delay had been widely expected and hotly debated. I therefore don't find the delay surprising at all. Nor do I find it at all odd that Paul admitted that financing is their major hurdle.

I am comforted by both the news and the timing of the announcement, as they lend credence to my view that Paul is an honest and competent pragmatist. Only a doe-eyed zealot would have continued to have all the information and yet hew dogmatically to the vision that 'this will happen in Q3, 2015'.

Silverbullet

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Since I joined this forum I've mostly lurked. See I'm one that's always branded a "Naysayer" & "Negative" I've been "Removed" from two fb pages.Truth is I WANT MY ELIO!! Just as much as anybody here. I've been following Elio for two years now. Their track record speaks for itself. One day their not looking for any investors. The next they put in for a Gub'ment loan. Delay after delay the lies, They claim to be "transparent" yet we hear nothing from them for months and all of a sudden where's a wave of positive PR only to be dropped on our heads again.

240 million is 240 million! That's a lot to be borrowed & paid back on a vehicle that claims to be sold for $6.800. Think about it!

I'm not a Naysayer nor am I Negative Just because I think differently then others when it comes to this project. I've seen to much these past two years to be able to continue with the RAH RAH ELIO spirit I had for the first year & a half into this. For me I've never counted on this nor have I needed a car. It was because I want to be a part of this because of the novelty & the revolution that seems to be slowly slipping away.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since I joined this forum I've mostly lurked. See I'm one that's always branded a "Naysayer" & "Negative" I've been "Removed" from two fb pages.Truth is I WANT MY ELIO!! Just as much as anybody here. I've been following Elio for two years now. Their track record speaks for itself. One day their not looking for any investors. The next they put in for a Gub'ment loan. Delay after delay the lies, They claim to be "transparent" yet we hear nothing from them for months and all of a sudden where's a wave of positive PR only to be dropped on our heads again.

240 million is 240 million! That's a lot to be borrowed & paid back on a vehicle that claims to be sold for $6.800. Think about it!

I'm not a Naysayer nor am I Negative Just because I think differently then others when it comes to this project. I've seen to much these past two years to be able to continue with the RAH RAH ELIO spirit I had for the first year & a half into this. For me I've never counted on this nor have I needed a car. It was because I want to be a part of this because of the novelty & the revolution that seems to be slowly slipping away.
see this post is why you are considered a naysayer; it's not because you think differently but what you say. It is widely stated that most people think the cost of $6800 will just be for the few who reserve the first year and even most of those or at least hose on this MB are considering more than one option that will offer more profit on the car. $240 m is correct but at least $60 m of that is in hand supposedly and that is without any new investors the new financial company brings or the gov't loan that has not been denied or any sale of equipment at the Shreveport location. It is ok to be negative just be a bit more accurate in your statements. Just a suggestion.

Silverbullet

Elio Fan
Reaction score
see this post is why you are considered a naysayer; it's not because you think differently but what you say. It is widely stated that most people think the cost of $6800 will just be for the few who reserve the first year and even most of those or at least hose on this MB are considering more than one option that will offer more profit on the car. $240 m is correct but at least $60 m of that is in hand supposedly and that is without any new investors the new financial company brings or the gov't loan that has not been denied or any sale of equipment at the Shreveport location. It is ok to be negative just be a bit more accurate in your statements. Just a suggestion.
The fact is I am "Accurate" with my post. In these past 2 years this Elio has been advertised for $6.800 with including heat, air, electric windows, ETC as a base model. NEVER have I heard $6.800 "for the few who reserve the first year" Has anyone else?? Has any of the recent "all ins" been quoted a higher price? Have I missed something?? Its no secret anymore.......They need 240 million to get this into production period! Where they get it from is anybody's guess. And YES the Gub'ment loan & equipment sales are just a couple avenues. Where has it been mentioned that 60 million is "Suppose" to be on hand?? I don't recall reading that anywhere. While I'm sure they have some operating capital on hand, I don't believe its been made public. More accurate posts would be appreciated! Just a suggestion....

Last edited:
Top Bottom