• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/16/2016 Letter From Paul Elio

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would like to extend my apologies to those I have offended by my negative posts and replies over the last 12 hours or so. I kinda took pride in all my predictions coming true over the last six months or so but realized no one is better off today then anyone else. There is a lot to be learned by many here with nothing but a positive attitude, me especially. When you've been hoping for something to materialize for so long and finally realize it's not going to happen you get mad and manifest that disappointment in negativity. This was my third and perhaps my final delay announcement and it pissed me off. For the majority of you, it's your first. I'm sure Paul had the best intentions and is a true visionary but lacked the big league clout necessary to pull this off. No wall street investment firm is going to back such a risky venture and the DOE loan is unlikely. Paul's letter demonstrates a visionary in the acceptance stage of failure. Shifting his success goal from producing his dream to stressing that the journey was more of a success. With that said, I'll follow this through to the end and hold on to Paul's dream with him.

can't speak for anyone else but I appreciate your comments above .... I don't know of anyone who is happy about the delay but you'd never know it by reading the comments of a few who have chosen to direct their anger, insults, and rage at other members of this forum who have absolutely nothing to do with the delay or any other decision of EM .... seems to me that if they wish to register their righteous indignation, they might have a better result if they direct it at EM .... FaceBook is one way to do so as is email, phone calling and such .... instead they choose to attack folks who aren't any happier at the delay than they are

Phil B

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree; and feel the same. I'm disappointed but not to the point I have seen others on here. It's insulting to the faith they had when they invested. All investments are a risk; they never say 100% this will be a success on this specific date no matter what it is you're investing in.
I haven't worked in 16 months and just got my disability designation for SS, so I'm now retired and on a fixed income. I'm still an All-In and I'm not worried about it. No one promised me delivery in 14 to 20 months but I still jumped in with both feet and I'm not complaining. I still believe this will happen, and that will not change.
Those crying and bit**in should keep their rants to themselves. Go cry to your mommy, I don't want to hear it.
I believe that disappointment is the issue. I have been "all in" for a grand for about a year and in that time this is the third time the target date has been set back. This was a gamble to get an first year vehicle (ie 1964 1/2 Mustang). Will this vehicle ever be produced? I don't know, but I gambled the money for a first year vehicle, so it is just another delay. Viewing this as a retired business owner, delays like this are alway money related. My concern is that there is no news on funding, and without some BIG MONEY, this vehicle will not be produced.

ScarecrowRepair

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not hearing much out of the head cheerleader today....
It's hard to hear anything when you're shouting and interrupting everyone else. It would also help to take your fingers out of your ears and stop saying "na na na na na" over and over and over again, giving everyone the impression that you are only interested in the sound of your own shrill voice.

We all signed up for Elio BECAUSE it is new and exciting. None of us signed up in order to get another ration of the same old same old. Whether Elio turns out to be a dud or a one hit wonder or revolutionizes the car industry, we all knew it was a risk, because the only way to avoid risk is to do the same old same old.

And here you few are, screaming and ranting and throwing a tantrum because your diaper hasn't been changed soon enough, and expecting everyone else to bow and scrape in your general direction as the know-it-all wise-beyond-your-years wunderkind.

But everyone else knows something you don't --- Paul Elio has a vision which is worth taking a chance on. He may fail. Some time ago, I guessed the odds at 10% of everything going smoothly and 50-50 of ever seeing an actual car, let alone being able to buy one. But I still bought in, because I think the odds are worth it.

It's really a wonder how much time and effort you clowns put into your tantrums. If you put a tenth that time into something productive, you might have a chance of being as visionary as Paul Elio. Whether his vision succeeds or not, he tried, which is far more than any of you whiners have accomplished.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped:.....without some BIG MONEY, this vehicle will not be produced.

Very true, & that's the bottom line. Elio is doing the things it needs to do. Selling the excess machinery,
& hiring a placement firm. Much of the heavy lifting has been done. Due diligence & feasibility have
been made much easier by 6 years of concentrated effort. The engine will be publicly tested on Feb. 6.
That's real & not BS. I say hold the course Elio, the wind will be at your back soon enough.............:)
upload_2015-1-16_22-5-18.jpeg

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe that disappointment is the issue. I have been "all in" for a grand for about a year and in that time this is the third time the target date has been set back. This was a gamble to get an first year vehicle (ie 1964 1/2 Mustang). Will this vehicle ever be produced? I don't know, but I gambled the money for a first year vehicle, so it is just another delay. Viewing this as a retired business owner, delays like this are alway money related. My concern is that there is no news on funding, and without some BIG MONEY, this vehicle will not be produced.
There was news today about funding in the announcement they lack the $240 Million needed for production. The big news I'm waiting for now is the announcement they have it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I am just amazed at how the tone of this thread has changed since it was started. The beginning comments are page after page of negative attitude; and the funny thing is, it was all written by a small number of the members here. A typical example of the vocal minority.
For the last couple of pages it seems like the voice of realistic expectations has come forward and it shows that some have matured more than others when it comes to the real world.
Isn't the world a wonderful place?

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am just amazed at how the tone of this thread has changed since it was started. The beginning comments are page after page of negative attitude; and the funny thing is, it was all written by a small number of the members here. A typical example of the vocal minority.
For the last couple of pages it seems like the voice of realistic expectations has come forward and it shows that some have matured more than others when it comes to the real world.
Isn't the world a wonderful place?
That might be because most of the reasonable of us were still at work when the thread dropped! ;):p

Top Bottom