• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/7/15 - Cult Of Mac (ces) - Sexy Sci-fi Car Get 84 Mpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to make one correction, Jerome mentioned the funding while we were talking about the engine, So I do believe the engine news today was THE thing he was inferring we would like this week.
Probably my sickness was starting to affect my performance of duty that day.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oops, one more 'pick-up' item from Saturday.

I had told Jerome that FWD on this layout would operate better on snow than any 4 wheel car with FWD.
So he said, he drove it a bunch in the snow when he had the chance and he couldn't find a way to 'break it loose'. It just kept driving like it thought it was on pavement. He also tried excess power and that didn't 'lose-it' either since one of the wheels would simply spin a bit more while the other kept grip-contact.

Initially, I think he was trying to break the rear end loose, like what happens when you accelerate with rear-drive, and of course, the rear would just keep following in that situation.

--any one know what a 'Pick-up' item actually is, exactly? 'NSTG8R' should know this one.

Starting in the early days of aircraft when they were assembling/working something for an airplane out on location, say over on the runway or 'assembly area' and they are missing something from their install or repair kits, they call/radio that in and someone will send a pickup from the depot with the missing item. So they intentionally call that a 'Pickup Item', meaning a 'high priority, aircraft waiting for, people waiting for, dispatch delivery, item'.

Not a hard reference to guess at I admit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom