• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/12/2014 - Air Herald - Elio Motors Disappoint Local Louisiana Residents, Paul Elio Says Productio

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Say da secret wurd and win $50:
index.jpeg

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Air Herald
Elio Motors Disappoint Local Louisiana Residents, Paul Elio says Production will Start Soon!
Air Herald
Elio Motors is a controversial name in the car industry business because Paul Elio (the founder of Elio motors) thinks that he can create a car that gets .

http://airherald.com/elio-motors-di...l-elio-says-production-will-start-soon/12995/

Who wrote that first article a third grader? And who proof read it? There were so many errors I didn't even read the second one. It wasn't worth the electrons it was printed with. Just goes to show you what you get when it's free.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who wrote that first article a third grader? And who proof read it? There were so many errors I didn't even read the second one. It wasn't worth the electrons it was printed with. Just goes to show you what you get when it's free.

I think that Gas-Powered-Awesome determined that it was written by a fifth grader earlier in the thread....but depending on your school district, you could be correct. ;)

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Air Herald is sometimes cited around these parts for their routine coverage of Elio Motor's progress. While I applaud their dedication they not infrequently write things that are demonstrably false, which undercuts any positive spin and calls into question the rare nugget that they dig up that has not been reported elsewhere.

Case in point. In today's Air Herald (http://airherald.com/elio-motors-di...l-elio-says-production-will-start-soon/12995/) the following nugget appears.

"In some states, any vehicle that has less than three-wheels is automatically classified as a car."

Now putting aside the vapid nature of the article as a whole, which any one of us could have achieved with equal plausibility given that it contains zero new information, the aforementioned statement is just wrong. Please find me a state of this Union where a two-wheeled vehicle is automatically NOT a motorcycle and IS automatically a car.

This is why it is a good idea to pay for a newspaper subscription. You might not like the spin, but at least they pay people to make a pretense of originality and editorial fact check. Give me some real news dammit!

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...While I applaud their dedication they not infrequently write things that are demonstrably false...
Amir Heydari doesn't write anything - he re-packages the work of others. The last of his "articles" posted on the forum even quoted 2 of the same 3 sources, including a teleconference he didn't attend.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we are all INVESTORS

WE HAVE PUT DOWN (UP) $ FOR A PRODUCT WHich is not yet fully designed or built, and as such we are INVESTORS !

we are all hoping (PRAYING) our "investment" recoups us a new three wheeled vehicle (AFTER WE HAVE INVESTED A LITTLE MORE $)

this deal of "order now" is crap, there is nothing yet to order !

I INVESTED MY MONEY INTO A MAN AND INTO HIS PLANS AND PROMISES THAT HE WOULD WORK TO CREATE A THREE WHEELED VEHICLE WHICH WOULD BE CLASSIFIED AS A MOTORCYCLE, GET 84 MPG, GO 100 MPH, HAVE A/C, AN A FEW OTHER NICE FEATURES.

AS AN INVESTOR, I WANT THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE, WHAT MONIES HAVE BEEN SPENT, WHEN I MIGHT EXPECT TO BE ABLE TO "INVEST" A LITTLE MORE $ AND ACTUALLY PURCHASE ONE OF THESE THREE WHEELED VEHICLES !

I AM WILLING AT ANY TIME, TO INVEST THE COMPLETE $6800.00, PROVIDED IT IS FULLY REFUNDABLE.

IF HE IS REALLY HONESTLY COMMITTED TO PRODUCING WHAT HE SAYS, I WOULD CALL PAUL ELIO ON THIS GAMBLE, GIVE ME THE ASSURANCE I CAN GET A 100% REFUND AT ANY TIME, AND I AM IN FOR THE FULL $6800.00

NO MORE LIES
NO MORE GAMES
NO MORE PROCRASTINATIONS

$6800. FULL PURCHASE PRICE AND I AM IN FOR THE FULL $6800.00

RIGHT NOW !

EMILLIO

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we are all INVESTORS...
No, we're a lot more like college kids (ohhhh, remember when?) who line up days in advance to buy a ticket to wait in line to get in to see a concert that is promised to happen. It might happen, it might not; one of the band members may quit before the show date, maybe not; the artist may change his preferred music (remember Ricky Nelson's Garden Party?), maybe not; an outdoor venue might get rain & lightning and have to cancel - or maybe not.

We were not offered - and we did not buy - management rights or control, so we are not investors. We just wanted to be first/early in line to buy good seats.

And speaking of honesty, let's be honest with ourselves. Can anyone name any other company who has put their product development process out front and center for the whole world to see? No? I didn't think so....

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
respectfully DISAGREE

at 35,000 I am NOT looking for an early seat

I am trying to make this happen ..

we are NOT seeing ANY product development , we are only seeing daily advertisements for more "investors"

emillio
#35,000

but I have 10 three wheelers to keep me busy while I wait ...

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
why will they not take $6800.00 with a guaranteed refund ??

explain that ?????

two years ago I put down a "deposit" for an Italian Electric Superbike …

$25,000.00

fully refundable at any time

Top Bottom