• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/12/2014 - Air Herald - Elio Motors Disappoint Local Louisiana Residents, Paul Elio Says Productio

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we are all
NO MORE LIES
NO MORE GAMES
NO MORE PROCRASTINATIONS

$6800. FULL PURCHASE PRICE AND I AM IN FOR THE FULL $6800.00

RIGHT NOW !

EMILLIO
I don't know you EZ, and I just got to my home computer after a 12 hour day, but for someone that LIVES in the Virgin Islands (some place I'd like to visit someday...unless they all have your arrogant attitude), you sure use a lot of bold text, and a lot of CAPITOL LETTERS (which indicates SCREAMING to me...maybe you're not sure where the caps lock key is). So I think (personal opinion), you need to take a walk on one of your beautiful beaches, and chill out a little. It's really hard to p*ss off...damn near impossible, but you're doin' it! Can't wait for your "holier than thou" reply, but I'll have to wait until my morning coffee. Looking forward to it!

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not like I'm expecting a front page spread every other week in the Wall Street Journal, but in my view Elio Motors is making an error by continuing to rely upon uncritical and often partisan internet buzz as their primary means of disseminating information. It just smacks of happy-happy, joy-joy. And as they mature they should, um, mature. At some point if they want to continue to be taken seriously they'll have to stop playing the guerilla-warrior-car-maker card and go the standard press release route. It might actually help them get their funding.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not like I'm expecting a front page spread every other week in the Wall Street Journal, but in my view Elio Motors is making an error by continuing to rely upon uncritical and often partisan internet buzz as their primary means of disseminating information. It just smacks of happy-happy, joy-joy. And as they mature they should, um, mature. At some point if they want to continue to be taken seriously they'll have to stop playing the guerilla-warrior-car-maker card and go the standard press release route. It might actually help them get their funding.

EM averages about three traditional press releases per month:

http://www.prweb.com/search.aspx?search-releases=elio motors&x=0&y=0

Don't mistake what happens on this, and other unofficial forums, as being a major part of the Elio Motors marketing strategy. Elio Motors has many marketing methods such as the road tour, eliomotors.com, the EM blog, the Tech Talk email series, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+), Youtube videos, paid web site and search engine leads, traditional media appearances, and press releases.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM averages about three traditional press releases per month:

http://www.prweb.com/search.aspx?search-releases=elio motors&x=0&y=0

Don't mistake what happens on this, and other unofficial forums, as being a major part of the Elio Motors marketing strategy. Elio Motors has many marketing methods such as the road tour, eliomotors.com, the EM blog, the Tech Talk email series, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+), Youtube videos, paid web site and search engine leads, traditional media appearances, and press releases.

No, I don't confuse them. But press releases represent offical, on-the-books statements. The rest is buzz for which both they and their info consumers expect no one to be held strictly accountable. As they mature, I expect more of the former and less of the later.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Air Herald is sometimes cited around these parts for their routine coverage of Elio Motor's progress. While I applaud their dedication they not infrequently write things that are demonstrably false, which undercuts any positive spin and calls into question the rare nugget that they dig up that has not been reported elsewhere.

Case in point. In today's Air Herald (http://airherald.com/elio-motors-di...l-elio-says-production-will-start-soon/12995/) the following nugget appears.

"In some states, any vehicle that has less than three-wheels is automatically classified as a car."

Now putting aside the vapid nature of the article as a whole, which any one of us could have achieved with equal plausibility given that it contains zero new information, the aforementioned statement is just wrong. Please find me a state of this Union where a two-wheeled vehicle is automatically NOT a motorcycle and IS automatically a car.

This is why it is a good idea to pay for a newspaper subscription. You might not like the spin, but at least they pay people to make a pretense of originality and editorial fact check. Give me some real news dammit!
Living in Las Cruces requires me to also purchase the Albuquerque Journal because our local newspaper is so biased that the truth never sees the light of day. Also forces me to review internet news options. Unfortunately, even after two appearances at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta our local paper has never mentioned the Elio.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Living in Las Cruces requires me to also purchase the Albuquerque Journal because our local newspaper is so biased that the truth never sees the light of day. Also forces me to review internet news options. Unfortunately, even after two appearances at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta our local paper has never mentioned the Elio.
The era of Nation and local media news has long ago flew the coup. Just as the Gutenberg press caused the free flow if information so the, internet information explosion has freed us from self-appointed pseudo intelligentsia that assigns themselves the authority to spoon feed the doting ignorant public. Thats not to say we can't glean a little but that is no excuse for not spotting the mostly gross bias there now.

That said. Tucker is the closes parallel to our present day Paul Elio in that both could be said to have a superior car and idea but Tucker ultimately failed for lack of funding. All this other about electric this or that are not comparable because the electrics have major design and execution deficits and in that sense both the Tucker and the Elio are far and away superior design concepts.

Both like huge plants too. The Tucker plant a post WW II B-29 plant in Detroit at the time the largest building under one roof in the world.

Last edited:

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you click on the three sources he quoted at the end of the article, you can see he didn't even quote them correctly.
That is why I never listen to the network newscasts anymore. It is always just "in part", never "factual", and always stated by a "network expert", so responsibility for untruth's lie elsewhere. They never assume any responsibility.

Top Bottom