• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/22/2014 - Tech Talk - Engine Series: Part 2

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I should have said "Tell it like I think it is".
Anyway Everyone is negative at times. Sometimes they are right, sometimes wrong. But since this is an Elio Forum and Elio hasn't given us ALL the facts then who is to say who is right and who is wrong on SOME ISSUES.
If some people didn't ask questions or have doubt there would be little to talk about on here, right?
Anyway being negative has put some topics to the top of the list for debate and got answers.
I'm just like most, I hate for someone to be negative about what I say but I have found out that at times they proved me wrong.
Wayne, the nice thing about this site is, usually the correct information or opposite opinion, is passed on in a friendly manor. :) It's only when someone gets their panties in a twist, that things start to get nasty.:eek: Others have even got my dander up :( but I try to remember, there is no positive, without a negative! :)

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wayne, the nice thing about this site is, usually the correct information or opposite opinion, is passed on in a friendly manor. :) It's only when someone gets their panties in a twist, that things start to get nasty.:eek: Others have even got my dander up :( but I try to remember, there is no positive, without a negative! :)

I wear HANES. :)

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norahsbed, there's some mind bending stuff out there. I work with large diesels that have a gear driven turbocharger... I know, sounds like an oxymoron, but it really is. The compressor is driven by the engine's gear train up to about 75% of full load, and at that point, there's enough energy in the exhaust gases that the turbine wheel takes over and an overrunning clutch lets the turbine disconnect the compressor from the gear train. Kind of a turbo version of VVT. :)
Bilgerat, you lost me at gear driven turbocharger!:)

Top Bottom