• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How in the world did I miss those? I've subscribed for better than 30 yrs to both, and read them front to back multiple times in "The Reading Room".
I'm almost certain when the Elio starts rolling off the production line, one or both mags will feature it as a cover story. How can they not?

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm almost certain when the Elio starts rolling off the production line, one or both mags will feature it as a cover story. How can they not?
Both of those stories quoted above were in the online version of the mag only. As far as waiting until the Elio starts rolling off the line, Pop Mech ran its first story on the flying car in the April 1906 edition. As far as I know no practical flying cars have rolled off any production lines in the intervening 120 years. The flying car in the April 2016 edition will cost $200,000. I don't think that that will change much of anything and certainly will not be a big game changer.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SOS Alarms........"Vision of an ELIO traveling down the road with a "Ladder Rack" installed on the top."?
The press release noted that most of their service calls don't require "special equipment"; i.e., a van. If it needs a ladder, you go in the van; if it doesn't, you take the Elio.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The press release noted that most of their service calls don't require "special equipment"; i.e., a van. If it needs a ladder, you go in the van; if it doesn't, you take the Elio.
If you need a ladder you carry one of these Ladders

I'm pretty sure it would fit right behind the seat; I have traveling gear that I would take with me that was made to fit in small places, like the folding hand truck, and a cart that was meant for luggage, but I found it carried computers and printers just fine.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Both of those stories quoted above were in the online version of the mag only. As far as waiting until the Elio starts rolling off the line, Pop Mech ran its first story on the flying car in the April 1906 edition. As far as I know no practical flying cars have rolled off any production lines in the intervening 120 years. The flying car in the April 2016 edition will cost $200,000. I don't think that that will change much of anything and certainly will not be a big game changer.
I'm going to respectfully disagree. A [practical, reliable, and autonomous] flying car will be such a game changer that anytime a flying car prototype or even concept comes out of the woodwork, these mags will invariably cover it.

Not so with the Elio; the bar for coverage is quite a bit higher. As much as we all like the Elio, it is not a flying car. It will be a game changer only when it begins to get mass produced and indicators are such that it will remain in mass production at high levels. When that happens, it crosses over into game changing territory, and the auto mags (both conventional and online versions) will cover it. They'll have no other choice if for no other reason than it's got to be a more exciting story than the next iteration of the Corolla or Civic.

Top Bottom