• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Think it will be interesting to see if the 100 get delayed. Only 9 short months to go. Are they building the motors at the plant for the 100? What is the earliest they would have to start to get them done by 12-31-16? Is there any activity there yet?
Who is handling the engine builds for the 25 E Builds and 100 preproduction ELIOS is a VERY good question. The kind of info that should be covered in meaningful progress updates in the weekly Momentum. Paul may not have the answer to that question just yet and may be announced along with the E Build update soon.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who is handling the engine builds for the 25 E Builds and 100 preproduction ELIOS is a VERY good question. The kind of info that should be covered in meaningful progress updates in the weekly Momentum. Paul may not have the answer to that question just yet and may be announced along with the E Build update soon.

I thought it has been made clear for some time that IAV is in charge of the engines...

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought it has been made clear for some time that IAV is in charge of the engines...

IAV did the original design work. Some British firm did the castings to spec. Those were machined and flame sprayed in the US. I think a North American firm was named to do the production castings but I don't have that name.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
For all the questions Baldguy asked, no one here will have any answers to. EM has become very tight lipped on releasing any of this information since they are now a partially, publicly / privately owned company (the lawyers have to approve any information releases).
That's why I made the comment about "Call Paul".
The most anyone here can do is guess at the answers; that is until EM or PE start releasing it. No one on this board knows.
If they do, they haven't said a word; and probably can't if they did.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keeping quite about upcoming dates would be the prudent thing to do. No reason to get people's hopes up with to many variables that can change plans.

Keeping quiet stops those who would sow FUD from having things to question.
(FUD = Fear Uncertainty and Doubt)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keeping quiet stops those who would sow FUD from having things to question.
(FUD = Fear Uncertainty and Doubt)
I ass.u.me nobody is 100% certain or is without some doubt regarding the Elio. Even EM qualifies all of their statements with uncertainty and risk.

Keeping quiet for long periods of time indicates no progress whether a public or private startup company. Forward thinking statements and quoting on track with no progress reporting indicates potential delay leading to actual delays.

Making statements only to indicate and verify the actual production progress beiing made resolves any disappointment issues and potential FUD

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Companies are free to release information throughout the reporting quarter. The only trouble comes when insiders trade on information not available to the public. Given the history of discussing aspirational goals and the resulting disappointment, the current tight-lipped stance seems prudent.
Yup, doesn't make it easier for us while waiting. Things will stay pretty dang quite until milestones are made visible.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It was just in the last few weeks that they did a big information share; this is that lull time that always follows it.
Would it be great to have a constant share 3 times a week? Yeah, it sounds good, but it's not realistic.
We're all getting fired up because we've seen more progress in the last 6 months then ever before.
I can't make it go any faster, but really wish I could and I think everyone else feels the same way (well except for the haters).
We've all come this far, no reason to think that it won't continue to grow; at least, that's what I plan to hope for. :thumb:

Top Bottom