• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would love to see ANY E right now...

Sure, that is an eazy one:

eazy-e-documentary-900x450.png

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think, the sale of the 100 is a very smart move on many levels. To get "real world test results" without having to pay wages for 100 drivers?...:rockon:
Suddenly I flashed on Mark Twain and the scene in "Tom Sawyer", where Tom got people to pay for the privilege of whitewashing the fence.

Ray Bradbury had a similar theme in his short story "A Medicine for Melancholy", where a father in medieval times is frustrated at all the doctors he has brought in who cannot diagnose, much less treat, his daughter, who is suffering from a surplus of melancholic humours. A passer-by offers a suggestion, and before you know it, the father is making money hand over fist by charging people for the privilege of suggesting treatments for his daughter. (Imagine his disappointment when the next day, he discovers his money-maker has dried up, thanks to a late-night visit by a wandering minstrel.)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Think it will be interesting to see if the 100 get delayed. Only 9 short months to go. Are they building the motors at the plant for the 100? What is the earliest they would have to start to get them done by 12-31-16? Is there any activity there yet?
Hmm, at full production rate, they'd have to produce one every minute so that would be an hour and 40 minutes? Of course, there has to be that ever important cooling period...

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Suddenly I flashed on Mark Twain and the scene in "Tom Sawyer", where Tom got people to pay for the privilege of whitewashing the fence.

Ray Bradbury had a similar theme in his short story "A Medicine for Melancholy", where a father in medieval times is frustrated at all the doctors he has brought in who cannot diagnose, much less treat, his daughter, who is suffering from a surplus of melancholic humours. A passer-by offers a suggestion, and before you know it, the father is making money hand over fist by charging people for the privilege of suggesting treatments for his daughter. (Imagine his disappointment when the next day, he discovers his money-maker has dried up, thanks to a late-night visit by a wandering minstrel.)
Paul Elio is Tom Sawyer personified ... the company has under 25 employees, and all the rest have been Tom Sawyered into supporting EVERYTHING. Yes, they pay for some services, but there's been an incredible amount of at-cost, donated, or in-kind services provided to EM. Sooner or later that's got to change, but for now, Paul gets the Tom Sawyer of the Century award!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio is Tom Sawyer personified ... the company has under 25 employees, and all the rest have been Tom Sawyered into supporting EVERYTHING. Yes, they pay for some services, but there's been an incredible amount of at-cost, donated, or in-kind services provided to EM. Sooner or later that's got to change, but for now, Paul gets the Tom Sawyer of the Century award!
I agree. I suspect a lot of help has been given to Elio Motors.
In companies, employees will work on many projects and bill their time accordingly. I suspect in the companies EM is doing business with, many people have liked the Elio project and charged some of their time to other accounts, not EM. Thus lightening the financial burden to EM.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. I suspect a lot of help has been given to Elio Motors.
In companies, employees will work on many projects and bill their time accordingly. I suspect in the companies EM is doing business with, many people have liked the Elio project and charged some of their time to other accounts, not EM. Thus lightening the financial burden to EM.
Billed to other accounts? I doubt any large company would doing something like that where it could turn around and bite them. They probably took it out of marketing budget and wrote it all off. Look at how many companies are going to have their names tied to the Elio; when it takes flight, they're right there for the ride.

Top Bottom