• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect that somehow selling the test vehicles rather than keeping them in house checks something off the list to qualify for loan approval. Not that $680,000 isn't incentive enough. But I'm close to certain that they will cost more than they make off the transaction just like test vehicles always do.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect that somehow selling the test vehicles rather than keeping them in house checks something off the list to qualify for loan approval. Not that $680,000 isn't incentive enough. But I'm close to certain that they will cost more than they make off the transaction just like test vehicles always do.

I think, the sale of the 100 is a very smart move on many levels. To get "real world test results" without having to pay wages for 100 drivers?...:rockon:

Last edited:

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I doubt they'll be selling the 25 E-series test vehicles. Especially since more than a few of them are going to effectively destroyed during testing.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt they'll be selling the 25 E-series test vehicles. Especially since more than a few of them are going to effectively destroyed during testing.
The way I understand it, most E-Series A through X will not be built out to full specs, but will be built to test particular aspects of the design for specific tests. But I could easily be wrong. But wouldn't a collector love to have one of the E series that survives the tests?

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The way I understand it, most E-Series A through X will not be built out to full specs, but will be built to test particular aspects of the design for specific tests. But I could easily be wrong. But wouldn't a collector love to have one of the E series that survives the tests?
Sure they would, which is why Elio will most likely keep them in house under lock and key.

Top Bottom