• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes. But they will fit in the back seat area and thus the need for an access panel. The drinks and napkins will work in the trunk space.

However, I got this notion that they could serve crawfish pizza...or crawlfish pizza.

ps Just fold the back seat down and I think that will work for those who choose to pick up their pizza to get out of delivery charges. Waste not, want not.
urs_comfort-crawfish-andouille-pizza_s4x3.jpg
Be very, very careful posting foods in this thread!!!, :-0 although you'd think food is a neutral, there is controversy on this site.
Fair warning.........
Sounds like a good set-up, I was thinking Subway 1'-0" long(s)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Plans change. This is a start-up. Changing plans does not automatically equal "lies." Frankly, except for the delay in full production, which is caused by finances, I can't figure out how we reservation holders are actually harmed. In fact, the process they're using might actually result in our getting a better car SOONER than we would have otherwise, because the plant will be fully set up -- if they'd had to wait til full funding for that, we'd be even more delayed.

Reality changes, opportunities change, and people who can't flex get very disappointed for no good reason. I'd like my car in March, but suspect it may be May or June, if ever. Them's just the breaks. Doesn't make Paul or anyone else a liar, which means making statements contrary to fact intentionally to wound or deceive. Not Paul, and not Elio Motors.
well said!!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like you, good news, bad news. I like the fact that some of the bugs will be worked out and see the wisdom in this, but disappointed that regular production pushed back once more.
Welcome great place for all things Elio. We are all disappointed, many longer than you and I, however you've stepped in at a special time of positive ( and frequent) events/ announcements

Camden17504

Elio Fan
Reaction score
And will reservation holders want to own a pre-production vehicle? On one hand it would be pretty cool, on the other, mods made as a result of testing would not be built in to the design, so it is more of an experimental vehicle at that stage.
That all said, this would be the single biggest advertising push to date, and I would suspect a lot of increased interest and reservations.
They could have a drawing of all reservation holders that wanted to opt in for the drawing

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Forewarning: Yes, everything I say is my personal opinion. Isn't everything we say our personal opinion?

It was stated before, EM would make 125 vehicles for in-house testing before going into production. I do not know the wording of the SEC document but I assume this is true.

I am beginning to suspect these 100 preproduction vehicles may be part of the 125 vehicles and Paul Elio (PE) is trying to recoup some of the cost of these vehicles. That these "fleet" companies never placed a reservation for these vehicles, but rather that Paul Elio went out looking for companies he could sell these too. (This would be a very smart move and Paul Elio is a very smart man)

EKH said in his post :
  1. would be exposed to very severe service conditions
  2. will not be swooping along the interstate for the most part
  3. fleet cars are for commercial users
http://elioowners.com/threads/100-preproduction-elios-to-be-built-in-december.7105/page-29 post 286

I can think of two types of companies that might be interested in these vehicle:
  1. A company that makes racing vehicles or races them
  2. A small volume vehicle (motorcycle trike) company.
Each has different merits.

Racing company
  • No liability to EM
  • No vin problem to EM
  • Meets description of "severe service condition" (what is more severe than race track)
  • Will not be on interstate
  • Roush involvement would be relevant
  • Commercial? Would a for-profit racing company be considered commercial? Sell race cars? Incorporated?
Small volume vehicle company
  • No liability to EM (EM does not sell to public, custom company does)
  • No vin problem to EM (custom company obtains vin number)
  • However this would not be "severe service condition" (it is street usage)
  • However would be swooping along interstate
  • However Roush involvement would not be relevant
  • Commercial? Would a custom vehicle company be a commercial enterprise?
Whatever happens with these 100, the plot is as unusual as the vehicle.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
We may all state the different reasons we're disappointed in the delay.

But more than anyone else, Paul Elio has got to be carrying the largest load of frustration and disappointment.

Not that it makes anything better for any of us; but put yourself in his shoes and walk that mile.

Sorry, not me, I would have folded a long time ago.

Top Bottom