• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems a bit odd to me -- if a completed Elio goes to a marshaling plant, there's going to be a fair amount of UNDOING things (like removing the seats and headliner) before REDOING with the various mods added. For for instance, if a customer orders LEDs on the trailing edge of the wheel wells, is it quicker to install new wheel wells with these mods pre-installed, and then just clip in the various wires, or to drill, wire, and install the things on the marshaling yard "assembly line"?

Inside the car, if a customer wants a rear view camera / display other than Skyzmatic (and Elio has said all along that that would be an option), you have to pull the headliner to install it, unless it's dash mounted. Custom seats require removing the regular seats and sending them back to Shreveport (I'm guessing here, but they wouldn't throw them away).

Elio must have all this figured out, but it does seem pretty complicated to my undiscerning eye.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
That level of Positivity should be reserved for the funding secured announcement that makes all the forward thinking announcements possible.

I'm still waiting on E Build news and photos to be assured of the scheduled E build phase has started. They may still be on track, but only in the design/engineering freeze stage of the E Building schedule.

You suggest we hold back on the positivity? Oh HECK no. Never discourage someone from being positive. Don' worry... be happy.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome. Yes, we could lobby the President and Congressional reps, though Elio Motors has asked supporters not to conduct a letter writing campaign to pressure DOE on its ATVM loan decision.

Or EM could try to find out where the President's speaking engagements will be and sneak the P5 or a couple of the 100 pre-production units somewhere close within his field of view. The Elio is so distinctive it may just catch his attention. Or maybe park one where Michelle or the daughters can see the Elio; they can then bring the vehicle to the President's attention.

EM has asked supporters not to write letters to the DOE about the ATVM loan? Hmmm, interesting. On Sailor Dog's question, who can we email or call to give our influence, however minimal that may be?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife and I have been following various threads since January, since making a $100 non refundable reservation and 100 shares..
:blah::blah::boom:
The one thing we want to put into the Elio universe is the lack of discussion about contacting our congressional district representatives and President Obama who signed on to the Regulation A+ Jobs Act. The DOE needs to know that the people, represented by our leaders want the Elio! Isn't $230,000,000 the amount of the ATVM loan, less than half of what Tesla got? Isn't this even more North American? This coming from the most apolitical person ever. Barely registered!

Thanks for listening to our first post! ::p;)

Welcome Sailor Dog! Belated congrats on your reservation!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
EM has asked supporters not to write letters to the DOE about the ATVM loan? Hmmm, interesting. On Sailor Dog's question, who can we email or call to give our influence, however minimal that may be?
Yup; EM asked a long time ago not to do letter campaigns to the DOE or congress in general; however if you want to write your local representatives or state level congress that's fine. Just do it on your own, and don't try to "force" anything on to them. There are a number of people on the forum that have established a good communications link with State senators.
Also a handwritten letter to them does carry more weight than a phone call; an email is somewhere in between. Think about how people communicate with you; which ones stand out more, especially if you get high volumes of calls, emails and snail mail?

My wife and I have been following various threads since January, since making a $100 non refundable reservation and 100 shares..
The one thing we want to put into the Elio universe is the lack of discussion about contacting our congressional district representatives and President Obama who signed on to the Regulation A+ Jobs Act. The DOE needs to know that the people, represented by our leaders want the Elio! Isn't $230,000,000 the amount of the ATVM loan, less than half of what Tesla got? Isn't this even more North American? This coming from the most apolitical person ever. Barely registered!

Thanks for listening to our first post! ::p;)

Sailor Dog Hello and :welcome: to the Elio Owners forum.
As others here have stated we do have a large group of people that come for all walks of life, age groups (lot of old bikers too) that talk about everything and anything Elio related and everything else under the sun.
The only two areas out of bounds are Politics and Religion.
And RUCRAYZE is correct, if you start a thread and there is the same topic going on else ware on the board, we will merge them.
So if you can take the time to look around a bit before you start a new one, we really appreciate it.
PPhhheewwwwww dam I like to ramble on at times; so now we return you to the live thread......

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, Roush (roush.com) is their prototyping and manufacturing company, Roush Performance is their performance part branch that makes go-fast parts for Ford Mustangs and F150s, and Roush Fenway Racing is their NASCAR branch.

I was hoping for Roush Performance to offer a kit for a Roush Elio, but looks like they are strictly Ford. But hopefully they will help Elio with an performance offering through Elio themselves.
"That", I will pay Extra for.

cooltroy

Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah...the bulk of the consumer launch will have to be moved into 2017 at a date to be determine d, as the company continues to seek additional funding. Yada, yada, yada....:(
Exactly... I am VERY disappointed at the delivery date being pushed back. If I would have know this, I would not have bought the $500 shirt and the $500 sticker...

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems a bit odd to me -- if a completed Elio goes to a marshaling plant, there's going to be a fair amount of UNDOING things (like removing the seats and headliner) before REDOING with the various mods added. For for instance, if a customer orders LEDs on the trailing edge of the wheel wells, is it quicker to install new wheel wells with these mods pre-installed, and then just clip in the various wires, or to drill, wire, and install the things on the marshaling yard "assembly line"?

Inside the car, if a customer wants a rear view camera / display other than Skyzmatic (and Elio has said all along that that would be an option), you have to pull the headliner to install it, unless it's dash mounted. Custom seats require removing the regular seats and sending them back to Shreveport (I'm guessing here, but they wouldn't throw them away).

Elio must have all this figured out, but it does seem pretty complicated to my undiscerning eye.
It seems like a lot of UNDOING to me also. I originally thought all switchable items would be installed at the marshaling centers. That is, all seats would be installed at the marshaling centers, but this is not so. I talked to Paul Elio in LA and he said what was wanted the most would be installed at Shreveport, and changed at the marshaling centers. As an example, if most people wanted leather seats, that is what would be installed at Shreveport and cloth change at the marshaling center.

I assume there would be a lot of items sent back to Shreveport which requires packing, shipping some container holding these parts back to Shreveport, then sending the empty container back to the marshaling centers. This requires extra shipping. Also, I can see these returned items easily being damaged which would be a lot of waste and loss.

Installing all switchable items (like all seats, all fenders, etc.) at the marshaling centers would entail no undoing and no extra shipping, but I guess there is a problem with this.

Top Bottom