• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've had my deposit in since 2013; and I'm nowhere near that angry. I knew going in, it will get here when it gets here.
I didn't get in until late last year. At that time it was, "Will it get here?" I have more confidence now and it's "When will it get here?"

I'm hoping for about this time next year.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fist it was to be up and running the 4th quarter of 2016. Now another EXCUSE to put production off. I'm getting sick & tired of your excuses. Are the 100 going to waiting customers??? Kindly answer. Time to start living up to your promises as a lot of what your doing should have been done already, God knows you have had ample time to already be in production. Perhaps it's time to cash in my stock & request
After all is said, it ain't worth getting sick and tired over this project, there is plenty else to fill that objective.
BTW you're in the -Wrong Church, and wrong choir.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Facebook, EM says:

Elio Motors Hello Hector, Elios will be available in the first year of production to our reservation holders, and those that do not have a reservation will be able to purchase an Elio at one of our stores starting the second year of production. We're targeting production to start in 2017, and more details about the road ahead to starting production can be found here: https://www.eliomotors.com/news-release-elio-motors.../

It was at https://www.facebook.com/ElioMotors/ and a date of March 22 at 11:41am

Their projection is to produce 19,000 during the first 3 months. Then they would produce 1000 per day after that. Assuming 4.33 weeks per month, they would complete 62,300 vehicles in exactly 5 months.

In Facebook, they say reservation holders will get their elios during the first year of production, and non-reservation holders will be able to purchase an elio at one of their stores starting the second year of production. They also say they are "targeting" production to start in 2017.

If they mean calendar years, then non-reservation holders will have to wait until 2018. Assuming 62,300 reservationist, if they started production in August 2017, they would be done December 31 of the same year and could continue production January 1, 2018, and start selling from the stores at that time. Are they going to start production August 2016?

If by year they simply mean 12 consecutive months starting any time, they would fill the orders of 62,300 reservationist in 5 months, but wait 7 months before starting to sell at the stores to non-reservationist. Would they be producing vehicles at a reduced rate and expect to take an entire year to produce 62,300?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Facebook, EM says:

Elio Motors Hello Hector, Elios will be available in the first year of production to our reservation holders, and those that do not have a reservation will be able to purchase an Elio at one of our stores starting the second year of production. We're targeting production to start in 2017, and more details about the road ahead to starting production can be found here: https://www.eliomotors.com/news-release-elio-motors.../

It was at https://www.facebook.com/ElioMotors/ and a date of March 22 at 11:41am

Their projection is to produce 19,000 during the first 3 months. Then they would produce 1000 per day after that. Assuming 4.33 weeks per month, they would complete 62,300 vehicles in exactly 5 months.

In Facebook, they say reservation holders will get their elios during the first year of production, and non-reservation holders will be able to purchase an elio at one of their stores starting the second year of production. They also say they are "targeting" production to start in 2017.

If they mean calendar years, then non-reservation holders will have to wait until 2018. Assuming 62,300 reservationist, if they started production in August 2017, they would be done December 31 of the same year and could continue production January 1, 2018, and start selling from the stores at that time. Are they going to start production August 2016?

If by year they simply mean 12 consecutive months starting any time, they would fill the orders of 62,300 reservationist in 5 months, but wait 7 months before starting to sell at the stores to non-reservationist. Would they be producing vehicles at a reduced rate and expect to take an entire year to produce 62,300?
Wow, I don't do F B, this seems to be the most definitive outline for production!!

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why does the engine block in the after market parts photo, that was recently posted, have four cylinders?
Does that mean a Four banger option?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Why does the engine block in the after market parts photo, that was recently posted, have four cylinders?
Does that mean a Four banger option?
Can you post a link to the photo you're talking about please?
No talk of a 4 cylinder motor ever that I've heard, it will be the 3 cylinder IAV motor.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's not an Elio is correct.
I just took a quick look and could tell that; give me till after dinner (which is right now) and I'll figure out what car that is.
I know better knowledgable folks will know, but it looks like a Ford oval on the grill??
I 'm missing the point that Elio is showing a car with it's parts? Is the message all parts can be aftermarket?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks almost like a Ford C-Max, but I think the rear quarter window is a little too long for a C-Max. I am thinking more Ford Escape, but the tail lights are not quite right.

Top Bottom