• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This has probably come up before, but I'm too lazy to look it up. As far as this "Faux Furreal Auto Testing LLC" is concerned, would the owner-operators be able to also work for Uber? I imagine that would give all kinds of feedback re: car comfort.

Might be an issue with the Elio being an autocycle and not a car. But I love the idea :)

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Uber vehicles are required to be four passenger, four "full" door vehicles: "No center-opening doors like the ones found in Honda Element, Mazda Rx-8"

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all the recent news about politicians hiding money in shell companies, NPR started to do some digging. It turns out that it is SUPER easy to get a company incorperated in either Wyoming or Delaware. I suggest we start Faux Fleet Co. in one of those states :evil:
I propose Delaware. It's big enough to get lost in.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all the recent news about politicians hiding money in shell companies, NPR started to do some digging. It turns out that it is SUPER easy to get a company incorperated in either Wyoming or Delaware. I suggest we start Faux Fleet Co. in one of those states :evil:[/QUOTE

I think I am too slow to grasp this. Let's see,,, I invest 7K and I get to drive a preproduction Elio for 6 months which is leased from EM by Faux LLC.. I report vehicle anomalies to EM. At the end of six months EM gets their car back and I get ???? Show me my incentive.:confused::car:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I am too slow to grasp this. Let's see,,, I invest 7K and I get to drive a preproduction Elio for 6 months which is leased from EM by Faux LLC.. I report vehicle anomalies to EM. At the end of six months EM gets their car back and I get ???? Show me my incentive.:confused::car:

1) If it is a Lease, we don't know the investment cost.
2) Do we even know that the 100 Fleet vehicles are leased? I was under the assumtion that these were "fleet purchases".

But yes, if it IS in-fact a lease, and the lease DOES cost $7,000, then that is correct. However, I belive the point of Faux LLC was to distribute the fleet vehicles over all of the founding members, so assuming those numbers are correct then you would be paying something like $38.25 per day (per Elio) for the privilage of driving one before everybody else. So if the group Leased 8 of them, then the cost for each member would be $306/day.

However, I highly doubt those numbers are anywhere near correct. Either it will cost $7000+, OR it will be leased. Not both. In the case of the former, Faux LLC would sell the Elios afterwards to recoup their costs; in the case of the latter, the overall costs would be far less than $38.25/day/Elio.

Phil B

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is disappointment allowed,from a reservation in 3000s? Hope they actually build this vehicle but they are still over $150,000,000.00 short of the funds they need to begin full production.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dude, that's not so big. I can get lost wandering between my bathroom and my kitchen
I'm counting on it since that's about the size of Delaware. But Delaware has long been known for it's ease if incorporation and at one time was home to about half of all US Corporations. Nominally at least.

Top Bottom