• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2/27/2015 Em Blog - Can Elio Achieve $6,800 Msrp

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://www.eliomotors.com/can-elio-achieve-6800-msrp/

This is the best paragraph in the entire article:

This is a very ambitious number, we get that, and we are committed to doing everything we can to reach it. We know that the Elio is compelling for many reasons and the price point is big. The market is swamped with viable alternatives once you get over the $11,000/$12,000 range. We don’t want to compete with vehicles in that zone, so we are staying in our own, much needed price range. Paul has openly stated in a couple of interviews that we are currently trending to a retail selling price of $7,300. $7,300 is not the estimated selling price, it is the current estimate of where we are as of today. The selling price is still targeted at $6,800. Paul went on to say that we have not completed all of the pricing quotes and negotiating with our suppliers and that we can reach our goal. This is yet another great example of transparency and how we keep everyone informed and up to date.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking $6,800 for the reservation list. then the price will jump to $7,300 once reservations are "filled'.

Willie
That's not how I'm reading it. They are saying, with their current costs for supplies, workforce, and that "evil word" some people hate: profit, they can sell it today for $7,300. They still want to get it down to $6,800.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm thinking $6,800 for the reservation list. then the price will jump to $7,300 once reservations are "filled'.

Willie

that's certainly possible .... it would seem reasonable to believe that much depends on company profit .... while they no doubt have market projections, they will know much more after several thousand have been ordered .... what percentage will be be ordered stock, what percentage will be ordered with a few options, what percentage will be ordered with high dollar options .... the more options ordered, the higher EM's profit will be

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
my take, is that the units currently covered by deposits (alls and wants), will get their shot at the 6.8k
Every order (no more reservations after the fist "batch") will face the 7.3 as their base (without any incentives), which should be completely acceptable to all buyers. At 7.3k you know you will be getting an E as the first year's production draws to a close.
Risk vs gain

And

X:XLVII night all

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think $6800 for the first of the reservationist and $7300 for the first of the stores. There may be some tiers in price in between. One reason, as I have said before, is because we will be giving the public their first impression of the elio. Everyone will be talking to us and the media will be interviewing us. EM will probably want us to be happy campers. It may also be a way of expressing appreciation.

This is assuming they can not get it down to $6800 which they of course will be trying.

Top Bottom