• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2/27/2015 Em Blog - Can Elio Achieve $6,800 Msrp

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So is anyone trying to part out the Elio to see if we can get an approximate cost for materials?
Done!-took awhile as I had to discount the list price of all the nuts, but the bottom line is......$4,367.72 plus or minus (this is based on the unit being delivered with one gal of gas @ $2.35/gal), of course an adjustment if gas prices were to change.

mag44

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
"I'd love to know what the IAV engine will sell for"
Plan on buying a couple of spares?

I'm more interested in A IAV ENGINE. But for right now the selling price would be cheap.
It's really a shame that Elio won't tell us why no engine. We are all grown and understand problems but no show and no word isn't very business like. Sure glad that if the Elio is produced that my number is over 10K. Maybe the bugs will be worked out by then.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm more interested in A IAV ENGINE. But for right now the selling price would be cheap.
It's really a shame that Elio won't tell us why no engine. We are all grown and understand problems but no show and no word isn't very business like. Sure glad that if the Elio is produced that my number is over 10K. Maybe the bugs will be worked out by then.
because they don't have to!
BTW Montana has three times the number of cows as people- true

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

no plans to buy a spare, more curious than anything else .... earlier on when I first heard of flame spraying the cylinder walls, I couldn't help but wonder how long the engine will last and approx what it would cost to replace it .... after hearing how well it is doing in the Boss Mustangs, I stopped worrying about longevity

only those on this forum who choose to try and create negative issues where none exist don't know that from all reports, the IAV motor has been and continues to perform well in testing ... the cause of the delay in the formal start has been explained and has nothing to do with the performance of the motor

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
because they don't have to!
BTW Montana has three times the number of cows as people- true

Yeah but do Montana cows do yoga?
201500007869.jpg

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking $6,800 for the reservation list. then the price will jump to $7,300 once reservations are "filled'.

Willie
That's my thoughts too. I do wonder however, if the reservation list will include the all in (less then 1000) and the I want in. If not, then the value of the 1000 reservation group will be 1000+ instead of just 500.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's my thoughts too. I do wonder however, if the reservation list will include the all in (less then 1000) and the I want in. If not, then the value of the 1000 reservation group will be 1000+ instead of just 500.

Why is it that a couple days after we get a Three Wheeling e-mail we get people that just can't resist contradicting it?

http://www.eliomotors.com/can-elio-...Ncw7a8zE1_8CjUyxZ2G66DUwVfqubA&_hsmi=16289555

All you need to do is read it and the attachments and stop starting stupid rumors.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why is it that a couple days after we get a Three Wheeling e-mail we get people that just can't resist contradicting it?

http://www.eliomotors.com/can-elio-...Ncw7a8zE1_8CjUyxZ2G66DUwVfqubA&_hsmi=16289555

All you need to do is read it and the attachments and stop starting stupid rumors.
umm. Settle down dude. I was just replying to the guy who said after the reservations are done they will jack up the price. And wondered if they do that, if the people who don't have the reservation number, yet have a reservation, will be included in the lower price.

Just was asking for speculation (possible from same dude who said it), as for now, that's all we have. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.
Update:
Actually, in thinking about it, you are not attacking my post, but the entire tread
Can Elio Achieve $6,800 Msrp? Sorry I took it personally.

Well, I would recommend staying away from any thread where it seems people are questioning Elio Motors marketing claims. Or see if you can have the moderators squash any threads that do so.

Personally, I don't mind some speculation and enjoy reading the different opinions of it. But if it bothered me, I just would skip over them....

Last edited:
Top Bottom