• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2/27/2015 Em Blog - Can Elio Achieve $6,800 Msrp

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's my thoughts too. I do wonder however, if the reservation list will include the all in (less then 1000) and the I want in. If not, then the value of the 1000 reservation group will be 1000+ instead of just 500.

for the most part, EM has treated "All In" reservations as a class (regardless of denomination) and the same for "Want In" reservations .... when I spoke with Jerome in December he told me that a reservation is a reservation ... I have no reason to believe that isn't still the case

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
umm. Settle down dude. I was just replying to the guy who said after the reservations are done they will jack up the price. And wondered if they do that, if the people who don't have the reservation number, yet have a reservation, will be included in the lower price.

Just was asking for speculation (possible from same dude who said it), as for now, that's all we have. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.

Wasn't aimed directly at you.
It was an observation.
And if you take a look you will see that the link was provided in #5 and you were responding to #6.
Want some real interesting speculation?
Try this.......
One of the folks on this board from north of the border said he doesn't think an Elio can be registered where he is.
What happens if you're on a road trip and innocently cross the "Peace Bridge" in Niagara Falls?
Are you now driving an illegal vehicle?
Or if you cross the Juarez-Lincoln Bridge in Laredo?
What is your status south of the border?
I don't cross either border anymore, but what happens to your insurance, etc?

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't aimed directly at you.
I
I realized that after I wrote it (sorry), and updated the post with:
Update:
Actually, in thinking about it, you are not attacking my post, but the entire tread
Can Elio Achieve $6,800 Msrp? Sorry I took it personally.

Well, I would recommend staying away from any thread where it seems people are questioning Elio Motors marketing claims. Or see if you can have the moderators squash any threads that do so.

Personally, I don't mind some speculation and enjoy reading the different opinions of it. But if it bothered me, I just would skip over them....

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So much of that 6,800 has to go into a warranty fund. And if we require more warranty work then is in that fund, that comes from the Cash account which further effects the bottom line. Not to mention, recalls, specially on such a new bike/car, certainly isn't unheard of.

Most inventors was hands on type of people. Ford, Wright brothers, Edison, Gates, Jobs, Vince McMahon. They didn't hire and let it to others, they was on the front lines working on the product. Least in the early days. I think in the end, he will have to put large quantities of his own $$$ up (if he has enough) or be out there in person trying to convince rich people to invest. Or perhaps use his degree in Engineering to design a gadget on Kickstarter. People love gadgets on there and them projects usually get funded and happen.

If I was him, I would much sooner fund this project by investment then by debt. I got a feeling, he will have his hands full paying them 1,500 workers, dealing with warranty work, and possible recalls without having to worry about making loan payments.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So much of that 6,800 has to go into a warranty fund. And if we require more warranty work then is in that fund, that comes from the Cash account which further effects the bottom line. Not to mention, recalls, specially on such a new bike/car, certainly isn't unheard of.

Most inventors was hands on type of people. Ford, Wright brothers, Edison, Gates, Jobs, Vince McMahon. They didn't hire and let it to others, they was on the front lines working on the product. Least in the early days. I think in the end, he will have to put large quantities of his own $$$ up (if he has enough) or be out there in person trying to convince rich people to invest. Or perhaps use his degree in Engineering to design a gadget on Kickstarter. People love gadgets on there and them projects usually get funded and happen.

If I was him, I would much sooner fund this project by investment then by debt. I got a feeling, he will have his hands full paying them 1,500 workers, dealing with warranty work, and possible recalls without having to worry about making loan payments.
Hummmm, but did you know Alaska is 429x the size of Rhode Island, but R.I has a larger population?

Top Bottom