• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
arrrrggggggg .... its raining in Texas
If you looked at the weather system that was moving in before the race, you would have known it's probably going to be called until tomorrow.

I was reading a good article about NASCAR for next year; and it looks like Brian's (France) changes are finally catching up to him and doing to him what he has done to racing. Sprint is gone, and they don't have anyone to replace them (yet).
TV viewership and attendance is down; when they took a poll of fans and asked them why, the answers are pretty consistent; Rule and Regulations, plus the "redesign" where all the cars and crew chiefs are the same (aka IROC) the fans don't want everyone equal; it takes away from the competitiveness and the "grey" area that teams had to play in. They don't want the BS like they have done to sports in grade school and kindergarten where they tried to do away with scoring and everyone is a winner.
This taking away points, and inspections before and after everything that is done on the track and the "spider" cages (Full body templates) have just gone too far.

Nice going Brian, you've managed to ruin what your father and his father before him spent their lives building in just 13 years. :mad:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
finally, the engines have stated at Texas .... looks like it is going to be a long night .... good to see the 3 car with the Number 1 starting position

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, he's got the pole, but it's more important where he finishes.
Texas is a fast track, and since this is a green track now, they are going to be sliding coming out of 4; lets hope they don't all tag there.

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you looked at the weather system that was moving in before the race, you would have known it's probably going to be called until tomorrow.

I was reading a good article about NASCAR for next year; and it looks like Brian's (France) changes are finally catching up to him and doing to him what he has done to racing. Sprint is gone, and they don't have anyone to replace them (yet).
TV viewership and attendance is down; when they took a poll of fans and asked them why, the answers are pretty consistent; Rule and Regulations, plus the "redesign" where all the cars and crew chiefs are the same (aka IROC) the fans don't want everyone equal; it takes away from the competitiveness and the "grey" area that teams had to play in. They don't want the BS like they have done to sports in grade school and kindergarten where they tried to do away with scoring and everyone is a winner.
This taking away points, and inspections before and after everything that is done on the track and the "spider" cages (Full body templates) have just gone too far.

Nice going Brian, you've managed to ruin what your father and his father before him spent their lives building in just 13 years. :mad:
Amen. And if they add a couple more commercials during the race it wouldn't be shown at all.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And what about the deal with nbc who only shows the race on their primeum channel. My cable provider requires I get the biggest package to get nbcsn!
I ain't a gonna do it.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How? Every time I've tried, it ask for my cable provider and password. and on NBCSN.com it says I can stream it IF I'm a subscriber. I take that to mean I'm paying my cable provider for it,or it might mean I'm paying NBCSN for a subscription. but for what ever reason I want to watch on a different device.
Is there a way to watch NBCSN without paying?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
How? Every time I've tried, it ask for my cable provider and password. and on NBCSN.com it says I can stream it IF I'm a subscriber. I take that to mean I'm paying my cable provider for it,or it might mean I'm paying NBCSN for a subscription. but for what ever reason I want to watch on a different device.
Is there a way to watch NBCSN without paying?
I guess it follows the rules of supply and demand; they have it, you want it, that's the price of it.

Top Bottom